Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if this skull's jaw is on a spring? I can not see any springs. A post of the recent trade show showed the jaws open. I was wondering how this skull functioned. Any info would be great!

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the photos taken by Terra it would seem all jaws are open including the Paul model. The pic on the Skeleton Store of just the skull looks almost solid. Maybe they have an obscured screw?

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
The jaw moved on the Barney. It had some hardware on it but I don't know what that stuff is. I just quickly looked at the smaller one (Paul) and he looked to be constructed the same way as Barney but smaller. I would lean to a movable jaw for that one, but I'm not sure.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Terra. I wouldn't be disappointed if the jaw was on something other than a spring. The spring thing is fun at first but often times when I go for a "death freeze" the jaw will close if I don't build up the mandible cavity(if you will) enough. If I cut the spring sometimes my skulls develop drop jaw lol I think there might be some kind of a screw(possibly with twisted washer(for lack of a better word again)so the jaw can open but also lock once tension build. It would appear whatever hardware it may have is cleverly consealed behind a bone. This to me is a good thing. Why I grow my hair long just to hide the spring on my own jaw ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just got one yesterday that I ordered for $42 at skeleton factory. For the price, I do believe it can't be beat. There is no spring on the jaw, and it pretty much stays open, but can be forced closed. I assume a small plate or sumthin screwed to the jaw and head would hold it shut.

I plan to buy at least one more, and rig them up in the cemetery. One digging, and another holding a rusty lantern. If I get more, then more diggers, and maybe a lazy one watchin em work.

Here are pix of mine...

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,361 Posts
Great pics Warden! It's easy to see why he can't keep his socks on. . . all bones and no skin!
BOO!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts