Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hauntless
8,400 Posts
The jaw moved on the Barney. It had some hardware on it but I don't know what that stuff is. I just quickly looked at the smaller one (Paul) and he looked to be constructed the same way as Barney but smaller. I would lean to a movable jaw for that one, but I'm not sure.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info Terra. I wouldn't be disappointed if the jaw was on something other than a spring. The spring thing is fun at first but often times when I go for a "death freeze" the jaw will close if I don't build up the mandible cavity(if you will) enough. If I cut the spring sometimes my skulls develop drop jaw lol I think there might be some kind of a screw(possibly with twisted washer(for lack of a better word again)so the jaw can open but also lock once tension build. It would appear whatever hardware it may have is cleverly consealed behind a bone. This to me is a good thing. Why I grow my hair long just to hide the spring on my own jaw ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just got one yesterday that I ordered for $42 at skeleton factory. For the price, I do believe it can't be beat. There is no spring on the jaw, and it pretty much stays open, but can be forced closed. I assume a small plate or sumthin screwed to the jaw and head would hold it shut.

I plan to buy at least one more, and rig them up in the cemetery. One digging, and another holding a rusty lantern. If I get more, then more diggers, and maybe a lazy one watchin em work.

Here are pix of mine...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.