Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a simple but unique display you can create with helium balloons and a jumbo sized Halloween design leaf bag and some other helium string balloon ideas.

Materials:

1 Large Halloween design leaf bag
30-50 (assorted orange and black) helium string balloons
Spider rings

Find a large Halloween leaf bag; at least a 30gal. size -- bigger the better. The light cheap thin plastic ones work best. These are commonly available at most well stocked halloween stores (or eBay) and they usually have an orange Jack-o-lantern design. Other Halloween themed leaf bags are also available.

Get 30-50 good quality helium string balloons and stuff them into the leaf bag. Note that a big leaf bag holds more balloons than you think! Tape it closed and it will waft up to the ceiling. (Keep it as light as possible; there isn't a lot of extra lift.) Adjust its position so the design faces out.

Take the extra helium string balloons and tie a commonly available spider (or skull) ring to the end of every string so it dangles just above head level when the balloons are floating on the ceiling.

At some point open the leaf bag (Surprise!) and pass out the rest of the string balloons; or do what I do -- tape some Chemlight sticks to it and just let it go outside; instant fun for the UFO nuts!:D

Happy Halloween!

·
Registered
391 Posts
This reminds me of what I did as a kid. I built a plastic UFO model that was about 18 inches across and was battery operated with lights. I took a black plastic lawn bag and a bunch of helium balloons and a long piece of fishing line and let the thing go out front one night. It was probably 20 feet from the bag. I never heard any reports of a UFO sighting (was bummed) but it looked cool as hell.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
interesting idea harmonica! I may have to try that!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts