Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had went to Midwest Haunters and purchased some Rust Dust from a vendor called Torture Factory. Been meaning to experiment with the product. I cant remember how much it cost but I know it was discounted because of the show. It comes with a powder dust that you apply to wet paint. After the paint has dried you apply the activator and bam instant rust. AMAZING... OK here is what I did with it.
First I took a jar I got on clearance from meijers, bought two but the colors were hot pink and neon green for the seal . Not very creepy.
empty jar.jpg

Had a little bit of red food coloring in there which you can see at the bottom... I put in a creepy item . I had a finger and an eyeball purchased from last years halloween. I put them in the jar and painted the lids black. I just used an acrylic paint from Walmart the color was called Ebony. I then while the lid was still wet took the rust dust and sprinkled it into the paint. Here is a pic of the dust and also the lid
rust dust.jpg

painted lid.jpg

I let it sit for an hour until it was dry, I then put sparingly the activator liquid only on the rusted part. I let the activator sit for another hour and came back and look at how gorgeous!!!
after photo.jpg
You can make it more rusty by adding more dust. I was just playing around but love the effect.

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is my finished product. Added some dollar tree creepy cloth, water and red food coloring dye and BAM . Easy awesome jars.
photo_1 (2).jpg
photo_3.jpg
photo_1 (3).jpg

There you have it! Couldnt be easier... Now you can add a label to the jars paint it whatever you want. Use your imagination!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
11 Participants
tamster
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing