Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found that she is peek a boo penny, much the worse for wear. Originally sold on the website for $149 :D

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
When a local store was struck by lightning and suffered a smoky but small fire, there was a mannequin who looked like an actual human burn victim because a layer of it's "skin" peeled off or something, and it smelled very bad. I looked at it in the dumpster and decided against taking it. Then a few nights later two of our patrons from Chicago found "her" and loaded it into their truck for a long ride home.
We were chuckling thinking :"What if they were stopped by the Police and they checked their trunk? It took more than just a glance or two to realize it was not a human corpse.
IF dumpster-diving remember that items with real animal fur on them will always have "Bugs", unless they have been recently quick-frozen to eliminate those bugs.
I Passed" on a 100 year old taxidermied deer head for this reason. It's "eyes" were crossed and it had Frankenstein-like stitches showing too!

·
Registered
14,091 Posts
Just a word of whatever. Here taking things out of dumpsters is considered theft. Theft from the company/service that has a contract with the tenants in shopping centers, apartment buildings and residents in town. The company gets paid by the pound for the "garbage" collected and when the dumpster contains recycling material like cardboard, metal etc. they earn money for it too based on weight. In our area, our city gets some money back or a credit from the collection company based on how well the residents/commercial enterprises do. So the city loses money by dumpster diving too and ultimately is reflected in collection fees charged everyone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts