Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Let's see what we can do. Are they Styrofoam? Are you trying to weatherproof them so they can stay outside for an extended period?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I would recommend just using a latex paint and brushing it on. If you want, you could seal it with a latex primer and then you could spray paint it. DO NOT spray paint the bare foam., this will melt the foam. You can hit the foam with a shot or two of spray paint to 'eat' into the foam for distressing but keep it light. A big shot of the spray will eat a considerable amount. If you want to get fancy you could use Drylock to give it more of a stone look but it will cost a little more. If you plan on keeping outside a long time, exterior latex paint has a UV inhibitor to last a little longer. The Drylok will also do well for long periods outside.
Simple answer - latex paint and paint brush. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions. Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
443 Posts
How did your DT tombstones turn out? I did several by glueing extra foam on the back with in inset PVC pipe so I can slide over rebar, painted with grey exterior latex, & highlighted the details with other colors of craft outdoor paint. Definitely much sturdier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts