Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like a lot of people use dry lok for their projects. Is there a reason everyone uses it? Has anyone ever tried any other waterproofer's such as Seal Krete or anything made by quickcrete

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
It looks like a lot of people use dry lok for their projects. Is there a reason everyone uses it? Has anyone ever tried any other waterproofer's such as Seal Krete or anything made by quickcrete
Drylok is thick and adds that rough texture (from the sand in it) to everything from tombstones to bones but I'm sure there are other products to do the same task. I like it to coat big paper mache creations to make them weather resistant and it helps add strength and weight.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Any waterproofing basement paint will work, but most don't have sand in it. If you want to add texture, the Dry Lok is the way to go.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dry-lok is the best and the most readily available to most haunters. UGL is now making another Dry-lok product called Dry-lok Extreme which protects even better then the older product but have not used it. I would seriously recommend Dry-lok if your props (Tombstones and such) will be out in the weather for a longer period of time... We put all our stuff out the whole month of October so weatherproofing is a must.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Drylok will adhere to most surfaces without a primer so it kinda of depends. When using EPS or XPS foam board, you can use a primer coat or not. We often put a base coat over the Drylok prior to the final paint job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts