Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
our local store sells dry ice, its like a 2-3 lb bag or something for a few bucks, what i want to do is put some on top of a radioactive barrel i made to have it look like its smoking a little bit, i dont want to use a fogger as we have wind. what i was thinking is making a little bowl of water and putting chunks in it all day/night long while trick or treaters are there.

my question: how long does it last? say i take a chunk that is 2" by 2" how long would it last and would it make a decent effect?

Thanks!

·
Registered
912 Posts
In regular cold tap water the effect won't last very long. What you can do is put a small crock pot in the bottom of the barrel keeping the water hot then dropping in the dry ice as the effect wains. Unfortunately the effect lasts only about 20 minutes or so then you have to drop in more dry ice. I once bought a large block and kept it in the crock pot in a cauldron and it worked pretty good. ..... cheers Scruff'

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Put a candle under it, swap the water over for fresh hot water, but do something. The dry ice will freeze the water...

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is too late for this year but next year forget about the dry ice and use an ultrasonic transducer. this is what is in most cool humidifiers now. you can get one pretty cheep through ebay. it will give you long lasting fog effect and all you have to do is replace the water time to time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts