Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I've never used dry ice before. I found a place in my town that supplies dry ice pellets by the kg. my questions for you guys are 1. How long does it last. The party I'm hosting doesn't start until 6:30 pm on a Saturday and the store that holds it closes at 11:30am! Will it not last that long? 2. How much of it will I need if it does last. I just don't want it all to be a bust. All answers welcome!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have purchased dry ice pellets and kept them for a couple of days. What i did was line the inside of a cooler with bath towels and place the cardboard box the pellets came in in that. Wrap it up in the towels and close the cooler. I have had good luck doing this.

Just remember never put dry ice in a refrigerator or freezer. I am not sure why that is, but was told by the people I got mine from, it could potentially harm them.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have purchased dry ice pellets and kept them for a couple of days. What i did was line the inside of a cooler with bath towels and place the cardboard box the pellets came in in that. Wrap it up in the towels and close the cooler. I have had good luck doing this.

Just remember never put dry ice in a refrigerator or freezer. I am not sure why that is, but was told by the people I got mine from, it could potentially harm them.

Hope this helps
Thank you so much :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use dry ice for my party every year and it usually lasts throughout the night until next morning, but it's a block rather than pellets. I do the same as above, I line my cooler with towels and wrap it up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a question that wasnt answered on a previously shared link. How do u use it it successfully mske the fog? My one experience was placing it in some hot water. It difnt last long at all. Will it fog if no water is used?

I want to place it in a plastic cauldron then have a bowl on top allowing fog to escape from edges eerily.

TIA

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a question that wasnt answered on a previously shared link. How do u use it it successfully mske the fog? My one experience was placing it in some hot water. It difnt last long at all. Will it fog if no water is used?

I want to place it in a plastic cauldron then have a bowl on top allowing fog to escape from edges eerily.

TIA
Hot water and dry ice makes the fog....it will roll out of a cauldron if you put the ice in the bottom....careful when handling it...use protective gloves! - if the fog stops rolling out, and you have dry ice still left, drain the water, and add more hot water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts