Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Great idea!

Audacity has a tone generator that can generate this 12KHz sine wave at any amplitude. Of cource you can download audacity for free.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yeah, I tried out Audacity with this idea but when I place a tone it always puts it at the beginning of the track. If I copy and then try to paste it at the curser it just adds it to the front of the track, not where I placed the curser (i.e. under the next word as shown). And also it's a little bit of a pain because you can't right-click and paste, it has to go through the drop-down menu.

Anybody have a way to do this with Audacity??

DW

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Cool! I started doing that trick a couple of years ago. It sure makes for accurate jaw action, especially when you dial in the amplitude and decay for each tone segment. I found it really effective for gettng good "laughing" motion from the servo. It also eliminates flutter if you use moderate to heavy echo effects. I haven't tried using Audacity for building voice tracks - I've been using GoldWave for a few years.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should say that you certainly don't need to use 12khz as your trigger tone, the board recognizes much higher frequencies as well. So 12k, 16k, 18k... just stay within the reproductive capabilities of your playback media.

Anybody have a way to do this with Audacity??
I am not an Audacity user, although I have tinkered with it a little. Isn't there a move or time shift command or tool? I'll open it up and see if I can learn it enough to help you out.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I followed what "Push Eject" did last night and all I can say is wow! Made all the difference in the world. Thank you for the great "how too", I used Audacity and the result was outstanding, i was able to get very precise jaw movement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts