Halloween Forum banner

Drive thru haunt in Los Angeles

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  66539 
#1 ·
I know we've all been wondering how haunts can safely operate during the pandemic. It seems that one haunt has come up with a creative idea.
Drive thru haunt

#4 ·
Wow, that seems really risky! Trusting people to drive through a haunt? Isn't that a disaster waiting to happen? Someone gets really scared and stomps down on the gas? I'd think actors are at risk.

#6 · (Edited)
The idea has merit. The planning of it though seems woefully lacking. If Covid-19 pops up in Autumn again, and it looks as if it's not even going away now, there's a lot of questions left unanswered here. Food and beverages for sale? I'm sensing a lack of food permits and other amenities for safety because it's all very hush, hush, secret location not to be revealed until the last minute. Actors talking to the people in the car? Not if you're trying to maintain safe distances. Drive through doesn't make it safe if the actors and passengers aren't maintaining safe distancing.

We have a Christmas light festival in Portland every year that takes place on the race track outside of town. The cars wait patiently and drive through. There are lights all over throughout the track, but no one approaches the vehicles, and the area is monitored to make sure it doesn't get too crowded. That location is easily managed because they've done it for years, and they know what they're doing. This drive through sounds a bit more like "Hey, let's put on a show" of yesteryear movies. By this late in the game they really should have much more on the table in the way of information about how they expect to pull it off safely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.