Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
We get lucky with our Drive-by TOTers. There is a big desert area across from us, so most people park there and then walk up one end of the street and then back down the other to their cars.
Im glad we have people coming from other neighborhoods otherwise we would hardly have any TOTers.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
well at least the kids had some bags to carry the candy , i am out in the country so everyone as to drive up here , but every kids left their bags in the car so i handed out candy (alot to each as i dont make bags and they had a hard time keeping it in their hands geez get the bag out of the car , candy falling of their hands everywhere in the house and yard , and when i say no bags i mean 90% of the kids didnt carry them ....and only got 3 not in costumes so thats good at least , had lots of adults in costumes that i apreciated alot :)

·
Curator of the random
652 Posts
I did have one teen couple show up wit their friends.most of the guys were in drag, and not even particularly GOOD drag either! But I digress...

Anyway I give the guy some candy, who puts it in a pillowcase. The I turn my attention to the girl, and pick a couple of pieces to give her and she stands there an matter of factly opens her hand. It was then I noticed she had neither bucket, pillowcase, nor grocery bag. So I shrugged and placed it in her petite little hand.

On a side note the boyfriend at least had the good grace to offer his pillowcase to her to put the candy in...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Another reason why America's so fat, lol.

Seriously, the best memories of TOT'ing for me were the spooky walks from house to house and the chilly feeling running down my neck when a nearby bush would rattle or a nearby streetlight would flicker.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
All my toters were in costume and had nice bags or buckets but we did notice that no one says Trick Or Treat. I think it is because we sit out side and the kids are still looking at the decorations and get distracted...not to mention most are trained to say it AFTER someone opens the door and they don't get that far here.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have to do drive bys with my son but we park and walk a block. I also make sure we hit well decorated houses and I tell them how much we love the decorations. People seem to appreciate that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
We live in a subdivision on a dead end road with 4 houses on it.It is well lit and easily accessible.Most of our tots usually walk down,but this year our large group of 5 came down on a hay wagon pulled by an suv.Ithought how could that be fun,untill i saw the Jol's and strobes on the haywagon and they were playing a soundtrack with all the horror movie themes.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Some here as well

We had some of this in my neighborhood.

I think part of it is that not as many households participate in Halloween any more.

I do recall one car stopping near my house. Two kids got out and went only to our door. It was like they had some kind of Halloween stops map.

Full sized candies get four stars I guess.

Spinman

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
We are rural here but do have a couple of residential streets & on my road here thats turns into my driveway ...well its a busy road w/ no where to park so they pull in the driveways or park on the other 2 streets....still its a hike from those streets to our place. Cars & vans use to pull up in the driveway & let the kids come to the door but not since we started inviting them into the house. Now everybody comes to the door. I laughed last year about Grandma's & Aunts coming....last night I had several Grandpa's!!lol

I'm happy they all come in & enjoy the holiday together. The nice thing about this year was we did not have the line we had last year. Even tho we had more TOT's this year it was spread out so I really got a chance to visit with the kids & admire their costumes & a nice chance to visit with the adults!

This year I was set, had my big glass of water, my medicine & all my stuff where I was stationed cause last year I could not move from that spot most of the night cause the house was full! Another thing I wanted to mention here......it was a good night...all nice people with all respectful children. Only a few older kids came in groups of 2 or 3 w/o adults....everybody else brought family along.

Muf

·
Registered
266 Posts
We only had one drive up..a little boy & his sister carried by her daddy kicking & screaming..he said she was tired..the little boy threw himself down on the sidewalk sreaming he didn't want any candy so his dad took it for him & put them back into the van. They were also the only ones with no costumes. Most of the kids did say trick or treat & thank you.

·
Registered
34,922 Posts
We got quite a few in cars etc.. mostly because of the rain but some just because there were so few houses actually giving out candy. My middle son went out with our granddaughter and they hardly got anything in an hour.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts