Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this year i am doing a ground breaker skeleton, a grave digging skeleton, and a caretaker skeleton for my graveyard. I want to dress them all properly and will soon be making a trip to my local resale shop. I will also be using skull and bones buried clothes method to age them properly. Once the clothes are aged and rotted looking i need to know how i go about attaching the clothes to the skeletons so that they don't fall off.

What do you do to keep your skeleton dressed?

·
Ubzest
1,249 Posts
I actually don t like dressing my skeletons, I just use the parts that will be sticking out and dress the armiture. It stretches my skeleton use. if a skeleton is gonna wear pants I just use the top part of the skeleton and use the legs somewhere elce.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Unorthodox posted a test he did with rotting clothes. You might want to look at that before tackling the rotting process. It was pretty interesting.

I get the clothes to stay on my skellies by buying extremely small sizes and using double sided tape.

MsM

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Glue gun or double sided tape should hold everything in place.
In the case of papier mache or blow-mould skellies, a few strategically placed dressmakers pins will make doubly sure.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I buy childrens clothing appropriately sized for the skelly, and either use stick on velcro or fine wire to hold them on the skellies. I prefer the velcro, except it doesn't always stick as well as I'd like to small bones like those in the arms.

Craig

·
crossfit zombie
7,449 Posts
Shirt normally fits ok so don't do anything pants I buy what I can find so if they are big I use fishing line in the belt loops -it's clear so it doesn't show.
I don't do a rot method but need to try it .I rip the clothes in spots then put joint compound-dirt in areas and let it dry then spray paint grey or brown.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts