Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone plan on dressing in costume when you answer the door?

I'm torn on what to wear. I have:

1. A green Anglo Saxon-style dress; it's very pretty.
2. Cat ears and tail.
3. Very scary "witchy" makeup and a hat (have done this many times before; it's a personal favorite).

What do you all think? Which one?

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts
i dress differently every year - we always have a party on actual halloween night no matter what day - mostly for my daughters friends - but they're all older teenagers now so it's a different kind of party!

if it's just a costume for the tots then i would go with the witch ensemble - a personal favourite of mine too! :D

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I'd go with the witch also. I always dress as a witch to answer the door. Usually because I'm the head Hag of the Old Hag's Inn. But this year I'll be Mother Goose (who was depicted as a witch in the older books) so I'll be a witch anyway, but I have a different costume...and a goose.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I was dressing up each year but these guys around here won't. So a few months ago I got scolded by my fellow members here that I owe it to my TOT's to be dressed up to for Halloween.

I too am the witch every year & last year we had well over 250 people come thru here. We had operations & health problems here & almost did not have halloween at all so nobody dressed up last year......but I just wanted to say......I was so surprised how many parents & kids both remarked on my not be dressed up for halloween....so this year we are all dressing!!

I guess our being dressed up means a lot more to them than I thought.

the Muffster

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Absolutely!!! :D

I've been the "Black Widow", Victorian English Maid, Witch with black cape, Witch with red & black skull & crossbone dress and black satin cloak. This year I will be a 5.5 month pregnant.....witch. Had to sew a maternity witch dress. Couldn't seem to find one in the stores. lol Good grief do I look ridiculous though. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
I dress up every year to answer the door for TOTs. This year I'm going to be Sherlock Holmes. I know it's not a scary costume, but I plan on walking down the street with my daughter so it will at lest be warm.

·
Seer of All
2,937 Posts
I stay outside to keep the poor dogs from losing their minds so I don't actually answer the door, but yes, I dress up. Or at least I did. Last year I was dressed in sort of an Elvira/Morticia Addams costume and I got more of a response from the dads than I did from the kids if you know what I mean. I even had to fight off one guy who insisted he wanted to bite me! I decided then and there that next time I would be in nothing more enticing than baggy pants and a giant sweatshirt when the pervs come calling...

·
Registered
171 Posts
We hand out candy in the middle of our haunt. So if kids want candy...you have to walk through the haunt. We tone it down a bit for the smaller ones, but for the older ones...GAME ON!

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts
Absolutely!!! :D

I've been the "Black Widow", Victorian English Maid, Witch with black cape, Witch with red & black skull & crossbone dress and black satin cloak. This year I will be a 5.5 month pregnant.....witch. Had to sew a maternity witch dress. Couldn't seem to find one in the stores. lol Good grief do I look ridiculous though. :D
You could just say you ate Hansel and Gretel, Jackie.....I mean the little hoodlums tried to snack on your house! ;)

I wouldn't give out candy if I couldn't answer the door in costume, now.....this year I'll be Batgirl.

Good choice, goin' with the witch, Melanie!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Always ... but with various levels of preparedness. For example, right now I'm WAAAY behind in setting up the haunt, so haven't given much thought to which old costume I'm likely to wear. Might decide that afternoon.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Maybe you could attach a half of a goblin to a t-shirt and make it appear that your lil goblin was popping out of your stomach. Or make a fake arm and use your hidden arm to control the goblin protruding from your shirt.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I've thought about dressing up this year for the first time. I wanted to do my Harry Potter costume that I did a few years ago. I figured the kids would relate to that!

Most of my other costumes are too racy! :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Absolutely! Well not to answer the door, I'm usually prowling around watching people all night long in the front yard handing out candy.

The question is what to wear. I've got a ton of pirate stuff since I to pirate reinactments and sometimes I mix that up with undead pirate then.

Might have to change up and go sci fi this year. Got a stargate costume or my old seaquest one that haven't been warn in a while either.

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Always. No fun without it.

This year will be out in the haunt as opposed to opening the door though, like some have said.

And with halloween being on a friday night, as soon as i close up, which is going to be an hour earlier at 9pm, i'm getting a cab and going clubbing as all the bars and clubs are doing halloween costume nights!! woo!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts