Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pyro
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I've had it multiple times recently where I had a dream, then two or three days later, it came true!

I have had it in the past where I've dreamed something news-worthy before it happened.... and then I went a few years without it happening... now it's back!

A few weeks ago, I had a dream that I was witness to a terrible car accident; two days later, I saw a semi hit broadside a car and push it into a guard rail.

Then, just the other night, I had a dream of being nearly attacked by wild animals... today, my fiance and I were walking through the park and were cornered by a couple of german shepherds.

I'm usually a skeptic about things like this, but there are too many coincidences with my dreams lately... there are things in my dreams such as scenery and dialogue that are replicated in real life.

I'm keeping a dream journal next to my bed to document all of my dreams...

do you guys think that this is just coincidence? or do you think that dreams really can be a warning of things to come?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think I understand what you are talking about. I often have serious occurrences of 'deja-vu' , and on the rare occasion dreams, that later unfold in real life. The deja-vu moments bother me the most, sometimes I will enter a new place and it will be entirely familiar to me for no reason. Other times I will be alone doing nothing, or having a conversation with someone and have a literal 'flash' of an image or film clip of someone I know, or think I know, or an occurrence. There have been a few times where when standing I have lost my balance or blacked out for a moment when these things happen. I don't know any explanation of what causes it, but I'm always watching my step. :confused:

·
Registered
909 Posts
I've had some similar experiences-dreams that foretell a future event, and detailed dreams of real places I've never been.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The one scientific explanation for Dejavu is that the lactic acid builds up and makes a false repeated image across or brain synapses, like when you look at a bright light, turn your head away and see the light still there.
Lactic acid comes from a long day of activity with little sleep. Sleep well and it cleans itself up.
Dreaming about someone then the next day they come knocking on your door is not lactic acid influenced.
I had this happen many times when I was working in a small grocery store building displays. I would always be facing North when I would suddenly find myself thinking about someone that I had not seen in years, then 5 minutes later , they would walk into the store.
I would have a dream about someone who I hadn't seen in a few years (even though we live in the same small town, our "paths" just hadn't crossed) The next morning they would see me on the street and ask me to do some little job for them.
My Dad would have a dream about someone, and a day or two later , they would die.
He attended almost no funerals in his life, no matter who it was.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I've had similar experiences, except mine were not as eventful (like a car crash) as yours. Mine are more-so like deja vu; I'll dream about doing something specific in the kitchen, or someone telling me something, and then a few days later it happens. Keeping a dream journal beside my bed sounds interesting though, and I might give it a try!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I recently had a dream in which i was standing in my garage ,I looked down at the floor (It's a concrete slab) and began thinking about what might be under the floor?
To a certain extent, i "Know" I was 10 yrs old when my Dad bought this property. there were three very old, shacky houses here. The lots had a very small creek running through it and the houses had much dampness.
My Dad tore the shacks down, then many tons of dirt and large rocks were trucked in from just a few feet away as the City had a construction Co, ripping out the ancient stone 12 ft.high tunnel that ran under the road, replacing it with pre-cast concrete tubes 5 ft. high,lowering the road .
One house had a brick igloo in the basement,built for a tornado shelter,but the creek kept it filled with water,making it useless.
I have always been interested in History,maybe that was why I began thinking about these things in my sleep?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Came across my post from a few years ago, dreaming of the future is called "Déjà rêvé!" (french for "already dreamed," which is like deja vu's "already did")

1 - 8 of 8 Posts