Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am getting down to my last couple of days holiday from work:(, so have been trying to get as much done as I can. As part of the haunted manor I wanted to have busts of the Lord and Lady Winston which will be on the drive on the approach to the door.
I have stuck with same method that I used to make the columns, just cardboard, brick wrap and lots of coats of paint. Lady Winston's bust started as a foam head, and I have built up the hair and facial features using paper mache then painted it, again took quite a few coats to get the effect. You can't really see from the pics, but there is a small light hidden behind the ivy which illuminates her face, but looks better in the dark.
I will get round to making Lord Winston's bust at some point! As usual, any suggestions for improvement are greatly appreciated:)
(PS given the rumors that are already circulating with regards to Lord Winston's antics, Daisy the maid will not be having a bust created!)

Banner Art Art Sculpture T-shirt Art Sculpture Forehead Drawing Visual arts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Well I am getting down to my last couple of days holiday from work:(, so have been trying to get as much done as I can. As part of the haunted manor I wanted to have busts of the Lord and Lady Winston which will be on the drive on the approach to the door.
I have stuck with same method that I used to make the columns, just cardboard, brick wrap and lots of coats of paint. Lady Winston's bust started as a foam head, and I have built up the hair and facial features using paper mache then painted it, again took quite a few coats to get the effect. You can't really see from the pics, but there is a small light hidden behind the ivy which illuminates her face, but looks better in the dark.
I will get round to making Lord Winston's bust at some point! As usual, any suggestions for improvement are greatly appreciated:)
(PS given the rumors that are already circulating with regards to Lord Winston's antics, Daisy the maid will not be having a bust created!)

View attachment 409698 View attachment 409706 View attachment 409714
I believe that Lord Winston is perfectly happy with the maid's bust he currently enjoys. :D
You really didn't think I would let that go did you? Nice work on the Lady BTW.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nosefuratyou, oh god....I should have known:D Didn't choose my words well there, did I!.............:rolleyes: This is turning into a whole new theme.......:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts