Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and a Happy Easter from the UK!

Well it's a while since I have posted, the last time I was taking a break my Gran had just passed away. A few months later I also lost my Grandad, it's been a very hard year as I looked after them both through end of life care and had some very hard decisions to make. I kind of lost my creativity for a while, but my Gran loved making stuff and I know she wouldn't want me to be like this. So I decided today was the day,I have raided my loft of cardboard and junk (Hubby will have to get used to glue and stuff all over again) and started making again for this Halloween:)! I am looking forward to posting again, and seeing all your wonderful creations:)! I have never done a Haunted Mansion before, so with my street been called Drake Close I decided to create Drake Manor. These two columns will be at the bottom of the drive for people to walk through on the way to the front door. As usual any suggestions for improvement would be greatly appreciated, (sorry for not great photo quality ..my digital camera has broken so had to work with laptop camera for now)

WIN_20170414_19_25_09_Pro.jpg WIN_20170414_19_26_31_Pro.jpg WIN_20170414_19_26_18_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170414_19_25_43_Pro.jpg

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,611 Posts
Those look fantastic! Love the hands holding the lanterns. Nice work!

Reactions: Sharonr3106

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank-you. It's great to be making stuff again. I will put more pics on as I go. Be sure to share some of your stuff too, it's great to other peoples creations

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Yes just made them over the last couple of days. Cardboard boxes, lots of glue and paint, couple of plastic cocktail bowls for the top, plastic ivy, couple of plastic hands, and lanterns all from our cheap store (dollar store in US) oh and gate is made from pool noodles with black tape wrapped around

·
Registered
14,151 Posts
Sorry to hear about the recent passing of your grandparents. Glad to see you are back here on the forum though.

OMGosh that is some gorgeous work there! Suggestions for improvement...duh, keep up the great work :D. Look forward to seeing how your set up progresses.

I do like the photos where the lanterns have the blue lighting in them over the more natural yellow look.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. The lanterns change color from blue to green to red to purple just thought it was something different. I got them in garden section of the cheap store (dollar store to you guys) and just painted them up:)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks wackychimp. Basically they a large cardboard box cut in two with two smaller boxes stuck on the top. I purchased two cocktail bowls from cheap store (dollar store) and stuck those on top too. I covered them in plastic brick scene setter to give some water proofing (see pic) and then used acrylic paint ( again for water proofing) to add the aged effect to the whole columns. The plaques with writing and crest on, are again plastic frames from cheap store stuck on and painted, the plastic hands are from cheap store also, painted and just pushed through a hole in column and glued in. On my final spending spree at cheap store, I also got the lanterns (painted them) and plastic ivy from garden section, hung the lanterns from the hands and stuck the ivy on ...ta dah!...quite easy to do just need a lot of paint and glue and about £8 to spend in cheap store! :)

wall.jpg

1 - 20 of 33 Posts