Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang - Johnny Thunder here to talk about Sam Raimi's new horror flick - Drag Me To Hell - which hits theaters May 29th.

I'm looking forward to this one. The plot revolves around a young woman who is ordered to evict an old woman from her home. Turns out that old lady is a gypsy who seeks revenge by inflicting a supernatural curse on our heroine, and her life becomes a living hell.

Looks like a fun horror Raimi-style romp for sure.

Here's the official site with the trailer:

Drag Me To Hell – In Theaters May 29, 2009 – Official Website

·
Registered
232 Posts
holy hell! I LOVE that poster! if this movie kicks ass "and i hope it does" i will be adding this to my collection. thanks for the pic Johnny

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Yup...me too.

And that poster has given me an idea for a prop as well......

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing this one. I hope it ends up good, last night I got thrilled for a movie it ended up not being what I expected it to be. Hopefully it'll be scary and make me scream or jump towards the end of the film. :)

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Got my ticket booked for Sunday evening..

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just got back from this, and all I can say is: wonderful flick!
I haven't seen a worthwhile Horror movie in a theater in a long, long time.
Now, if you're the type to look for stuff to be wrong in a picture, then you'll find a few things here and there - but in my opinion, it wasn't enough of a distraction to take me out of the movie. Some of the CGI is a tad cartoony, and Horror fans will see one of the plot points early on - but other then that it was a tight film with Sam Raimi's stamp all over it...

Welcome back Sam!

:)

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RUN - do not walk - to your friendly neighborhood movie theater and check out this flick!

I will save my full review for the next Hauntcast (otherwise I won't have any content to amuse the three people who listen to my segment lol), but I enjoyed the film and recommend it to die hard horror aficionados and casual fans alike :)

Go check this out - it's a great flick and a great time.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,988 Posts
I just saw this movie last night, And i have to say i enjoyed it quite a bit. There were a couple scenes that were a bit stupid but there were alot of cool quick sacres and some really disturbing scenes also. I will buy this when it hits dvd and am sure to watch it alot more in the future.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I watched this movie Friday evening on opening night, it was Amazing! I loved it. It's definitely one of my new favorite horror films. It was a strange blend of comedy and horror and it worked extremely well! I think Ms. Ganush is destined to become a classic horror movie icon. :) I'm seeing it again and maybe a third time next week! Wow! I loved it! And lots of plot twists and unexpected turns and such. And most importantly, it was probably the most fun i've ever had watching a movie! Watch it asap!

·
Registered
661 Posts
I just saw this movie last night, And i have to say i enjoyed it quite a bit. There were a couple scenes that were a bit stupid but there were alot of cool quick sacres and some really disturbing scenes also. I will buy this when it hits dvd and am sure to watch it alot more in the future.
I agree. They did have some off the wall scenes in it but overall it was enjoyable. The ending for me really got me, haha! :D

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I really want to see that. But, as strange as it sounds, I don't really enjoy watching horror in cinemas.....Don't get me wrong, I love the huge picture and sound, but I HATE the annoyance other people cause in disrupting the experience for us who care! Think I'm going to leave it a few weeks until it quiets down.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts