Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this Angel Statue costume was just outstanding, and the owner generously provided a well thought-out tutorial with a TON of pictures.

Doctor Who 'Blink' weeping angel costume (dialup beware) - Replica Prop Forum

It is based on statues in a Dr. Who episode called "Blink", where, if you don't look at them, statues of weeping angels move lightening-fast to try to "get" you, and their hands move from their face to reveal vampire teeth. If anyone- even another statue- looks at them, they turn to back to stone and freeze up. So, to stay safe, you must stare at them and not blink. Here's a bit of that episode:

This costume sure seems like a costume contest winner to me! Also, perfect for you to wear while standing in a graveyard (and you dont have to be thin either, as the folds should cover a lot.)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There have been 3 episodes so far with the Weeping Angels: "Blink" from 2010, and "Time of Angels" and "Flesh and Stone" from around March of this year. I thought they were quite fascinating in "Blink" and was glad they were popular enough to have been brought back. But I think this costume is fun and scary even to those who have never seen any Dr. Who at all!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I absolutely hate that episode, when you have multiple MM statues in your basement. Its not something you want in the back of your mind, especially when you have your back turned to them while doing laundry.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
I absolutely hate that episode, when you have multiple MM statues in your basement. Its not something you want in the back of your mind, especially when you have your back turned to them while doing laundry.
HAHA!

One of my favorite episodes. Actually I like all the weeping angel episodes ahem..."series" for the UK folks. Easily my favorite BBC show!Great costume too! Might have to schedule this for next year!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I love that episode. I always said I wanted to get some weeping angel statues for my garden!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts