Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Dr. Shivers that fell over and the head rolled off. I have several wires in the head that broke. He still works for the most part. The cup light sometimes works, the head turns, but the eyes and mouth wires came off. Can anyone help?

I need to see pictures of the inside of the head to see where the wires land. They don't seem to match color for color. If you have or can take a picture of yours, or know where I can see the wiring, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Sorry for the bad luck on the head. Shivers is a nice prop and a number of people here have him, so hopefully someone will be able to help out. I have a Gemmy spirit ball white haired guy head that Gemmy used for Shivers but not sure the wiring would be the same.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
We had him partially opened a year or two ago and not sure if I will have time to open him back up right now. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics. I'll dig him out of storage and see what shape the head is in though. In the meantime here's a YouTube video that shows the head that someone disassembled. You can see the wires to one side of the eyes and to the mouth when you pause the video and have the video expanded to full screen. Where did the wires disconnect from? At the mouth and eyes? If so maybe you can tell the color of the wires from this video.

I'll keep an eye out for any other pics or video in the meantime.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, soooooo cose, but they don't show the electrical wiring side. But thanks for showing. I'll keep looking. I've also tried asking Gemmy for a wiring diagram or photos, we'll see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
doctor shivers

Ah, soooooo cose, but they don't show the electrical wiring side. But thanks for showing. I'll keep looking. I've also tried asking Gemmy for a wiring diagram or photos, we'll see.
hey does anyone know how to wire the base of the head back on the head of doctor shivers? or does anyone have a wiring diagram for doctor shivers? phillp rivas. email... [email protected]

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a Dr. Shivers that fell over and the head rolled off. I have several wires in the head that broke. He still works for the most part. The cup light sometimes works, the head turns, but the eyes and mouth wires came off. Can anyone help?

I need to see pictures of the inside of the head to see where the wires land. They don't seem to match color for color. If you have or can take a picture of yours, or know where I can see the wiring, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
So I now have a broken dr. Shivers and a broken (bald) butler. I was disassembling butler to study his wiring to the head and managed to rip/disconnect!

Anyone have good info on how to rewire (picture, diagram)?

editing post: By the grace of a Halloween miracle, I managed to get Dr. Shivers working about 66% (head does not turn) and the butler completely fixed. The little tabs/notches for the heads to reattach are all jacked up and I had to duct tape the heck out of both to ensure they make it til the big day.

But as I recall:
Butler (I think my version was called jeeves)
the white and yellow that come out of they eyes connect to the blue and green from the body. I cannot remember exactly but I think it was yellow + blue and white + green.
the reds from the eyes (the lights), red from the mouth motor all attach to the orange from the body
the blacks from the eyes, black from the mouth motor all attach to the white from the body

Dr. Shivers / Mad Scientist
keep in mind that I did not get him 100% fixed but I am thrilled with getting this far:
the white and yellow that come out of the eyes I connected to dedicated posts in the collar

wow....I worked all days on these and should have documented this before duct taping....cannot remember how I attached shivers' body wires (orange, white, green and blue). Maybe it will come back to me?? And obviously, there is something not exactly right with him, but his eyes move (somewhat), light up (completely) and mouth moves (somewhat). I THINK: In his head, all reds (3 of them - from eyes and mouth) attach to the orange and white from the body. And all blacks from head are attached to blue and green.

I have NO electrical/hacking/wiring experience, but again, I was happy to get this functional after many years of enjoyment. I got both of these in 2007.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts