Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ! I just purchased a Dr Shivers as-is today at a really great fixer upper price. It's looks like a first generation style w heavy base and volume knob and mic jack on base and has the rubber gloves. Storage wise it has original box and is very clean and the beaker works ok. Great shape lights ups and everything and sound works great. Neck rotates as it should. The problem lies inside the head which looks like it was forcefully ripped off because someone didn't know about the release latch and the wires all disconnected from inside the head. Everything is there it just needs reattaching. Can someone provide some guidance here along w some pics of how it should be reattached the correct way. I think I gave the gist of what goes where but want to double check w someone who may have done this before. Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone ? Anyone ? I have been able to remove both the eye and mouth assemblies from the mounting brackets now I just need to figure what goes where. I have my soldering iron all ready to go. It's the version where the base unscrews from the bottom of neck. I need pics of where it all attached from the four neck wires come through the black rubber tube and the yellow and white come up on a separate outlet.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update : I managed sort of figure what went where and got the mouth working ok now and the eyes will not shift side to side or light up but they will blink in the zap sequences during the electricity and spark sound parts of the skit. Think the eye motor itself is shot because the tiny paper thin brushes that make the motor spin were ripped out and beyond salvaging. I tried to flatten a piece of wire to improvise to no avail. Can someone tell me where I can order a replacement motor if they even sell them in electronic stores.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Not exactly sure what motor is in that but do a search on ebay for 3v motors. I would think one of those will do ya.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not exactly sure what motor is in that but do a search on ebay for 3v motors. I would think one of those will do ya.
Thank you ! The have the exact same looking ones for 99cents plus free shipping. I ordered five of them to have on hand for future use in prop repairs. I actually only need to swap out the rear cover plate w the brush assembly and resolder the wires to it. I also can use one to replace the motor in my gemmy beating heart prop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts