Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow haunters,

I came up with a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde morphing effect which I set up in the garage as part of my home haunt. The idea is that Dr. Jekyll has just drunk a potion from a test tube, then he slowly transforms to Mr. Hyde. When the transformation is complete the lights go out and Mr. Hyde sneaks around and yells as he comes out from behind a curtain into the viewing area. Then he goes back behind the curtain to where he was before and transforms back to Dr. Jekyll.

As the transformation is taking place I always hear the trick-or-treaters say "wow, how does that work?!" but then I hear a lot of blood curdling screams as Mr. Hyde jumps out from behind the curtain!

I will post the links to the videos next.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a video:
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde morphing effect Halloween prop 2 on Yahoo! Video

and here is a close-up of the face transforming:
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde morphing effect Halloween prop on Yahoo! Video

To get the morphing effect I attached a monster mask to the back of a human-looking head then attached this to a motor so the head is spinning at about 720 rpm. Then I set up two strobe lights in the corner of the viewing area, one of which is sync'd to trigger off the human face and the other is sync'd to trigger off the monster (Mr. Hyde) face. Then I mounted a 1 sq. foot piece of cardboard onto a servo in front of the strobe lights and wrote a routine that slowly moves the servo back and forth so that the cardboard blocks the light from one of the strobe lights and then the other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts