Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go as Dr. Decker (A.K.A. Buttonface) from Nightbreed for Halloween this year. What you see here is the current stage of my first ever attempt at making a mask. Sadly, I was not able to create all of the folds I would have liked, as when I was spraying outside, I had to fight a particularly strong gust of wind right as I was setting the burlap on the adhesive. As a result, I decided to just paint come of the creases and shadows in. Any recommendations for working with burlap on this?

(Sorry for the rotation. Could not figure out how to get this image to appear vertical)

Attachments

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
I had to go look the character up, but looks darned good to me! :D

As far as painting, If you aren't good with an airbrush (my first suggestion), I'd get regular paint brushes and some acrylic paint, and water that paint down so you can slowly brush it on and layer the wrinkle effect. Too much straight up undiluted paint and it may look odd, but with thinned out paint, you can layer it on and then check to see if it's there yet, and continue on without ruining the whole thing by going too far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts