Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are doing a Dot Room in our garage during a party. it is set up in our garage, party is inside & outside, the entrance is from our back hall off of the kitchen, we used black plastic 'tarps' to cover the walls and make a 'hallway' when you first enter, go thru some black material and enter the room where it is covered in dots. We have two people who will be in morph dot suits for about an hour and a half. There is a black table and 3 chairs that have dots on it and a Plasma ball on the table to draw attention away from the 'actors' and to sit at. Exit is service door from the garage. Using black lights.

Would love any ideas or feed back from others.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
We've done something very similar, worked like a charm. Have the scare actors draped in the same black material that you have on the walls. They'll blend right in, become invisible. We also positioned matching fluorescent dots right above their eyes, that resembled evil, scowling, malevolent "eyes". Of course, the actors don't move a muscle until their cue. Works every time. And, just like gramma said about garlic in food, "no such thing as too much Black Light!"

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Your idea sounds like a lot of fun and should work fine. I did a slightly different take. The room I was in was so small that I placed a decoy dummy dressed exactly as I was but right in the center of the room. They of course saw that. Then I pounced :)

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Be prepared for a LOT of flash photos to be taken in the room. People have never seen one before.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I actually have more questions for you than answers, because it sounds like your setup is very similar to mine and I'm doing a version of a dot room. Also using black plastic for the walls inside a garage.

How are you making your dots? I wanted to have dots that were at least a couple of inches in diameter, which ruled out using garage sale price stickers as many have done. And the prospect of using spray paint with a circular stencil to paint hundreds of dots seemed daunting. Same with cutting them out of paper and sticking them to the walls.

I ended up ordering 5 dozen cheap plastic face masks from Oriental Trading and spray painting them with fluorescent colors. They look amazing under the blacklight and I think the effect will be really striking.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought 2 of the morphsuits that are black with white dots, the dots are 1 inch circles, so that is the size sticker I am using. I have up about 500 so far, have 2 friends coming over this weekend to help me because I will have to put up at least 4,000 - 5,000 more.

I have seen the masks before - Love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts