Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanted to share my weekend project which was about $150:
I needed some sculls, so I called my good friend Mitch Rogers and he was able to supply me with a gallon kit of PolyFoam Rigid. This stuff is great, it takes about 12 minutes to make a scull. I was able to make 58 sculls with a gallon kit. shop.brickintheyard dot com/PolyFoam-R-5-Gallon-Kit-16-Lbs-R5U16 dot htm
This was my work station :D
IMG_0227.jpg
This was the start:
IMG_0223.jpg
This is where it got little bit more interesting:
IMG_0238.jpg
and finally finished product:
IMG_0244.jpg
It looks much more interesting in person.
Thanks for looking

·
Registered
629 Posts
Very nicely done! I've been wanting to do something very similar myself for several years now. Did you make your own skull mold? If not, where did you get it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the mold was made with Gel-10 silicone (shop.brickintheyard dot com/PlatSil-Gel-10-Pint-Kit-2-Lbs-Gel10U2 dot htm). The best part about the mold was that the foam doesn't stick to the mold so no mess and very quick.
Check out the video:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Thank you for the info and the video link.

·
black light queen
2,606 Posts
i did something sort of similar ... =>http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/140413-great-stuff-foam-comparison.html

i can get, if i remember correctly, about 12-16 skulls out of a can of great stuff foam

now the end result isn't as polished as there are a lot of "defects" as compared to a liquid foaming material like bmike used ... but in all honesty, i prefer my skulls to store bought ones as they have "character" and no 2 are alike ... lol!

hope this doesn't hijack bmike's thread ... that isn't my intention

amk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree it would have been nice to have all sculls to be different size and look, but I could not find cheap skulls that would do what i needed, maybe someone could point me to where I could get some (save me lots of time)

Thanks

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Your archway is awesome! I, too, have wanted to delve into the 2 part foam mixture..the end result is a great looking skull.
Thanks for posting your pics & the links! You've inspired me to try this for next year:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts