Halloween Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister had the best costume a few years back and I've always wanted to share it with others. She went as a passenger on the Titanic. She wor an old, Victorian style dress, a large "1st-class" looking hat, and gloves. We also fashioned a makeshift life vest and painted "RMS Titanic" on it. We paled out her face, put blueish lipstick on her, and finished it off with a few icicles hanging from her hat. It was really well done and got a lot of compliments.

Any other Titanic costumes out there (that don't have anything to do with the movie?) :)

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
Wow! That sounds like an amazing costume! You didn't happen to get any pictures of it, did you? We'd all love to see them.

I've never seen any other Titanic-themed costumes, honestly. However, in high school I once went as a frozen ghost. I wore a white shift, basically, and had white make-up on my face, and then blue around my eyes and lips. I also got some "ice crystals" to put in my hair with gel (they looked like rock candy), and got a few to stick to my face, too. It came out nicely!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those ice crystals are an awesome idea. Those would have made a great addition to my sister's costume. Alas, it seems that this costume will forever be in my memories because my Mom recently gave me all of the Halloween photos that she had and this picture was not included. I've made a mental note to make sure to take thorough Halloween costume photos when I have kids!

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
Definitely - and not just when you have kids of your own! Take pics of your costumes, your friends' costumes, trick-or-treaters with really creative costumes! You never know what might spark an idea!

·
E Pluribus Bitum
902 Posts
There was a Titanic group some years ago at an event I attended. They all wore period costumes, looked downright frozen with great makeup and clothing effects, and one had a Titanic lifesver around his neck. They also carried 'frozen' cocktail glasses.

·
Registered
44 Posts
that sounds great... my 8 year old is a titanic lover.. and he wants to go as the dead captain ;).... thinking about Halloween in July..he does take after his mommy!

·
Registered
127 Posts
If memory serves me correct a lot of the crew had uniforms very very similar to that of 1940s and 1950s cab drivers unless they were on the first class service level.
It wouldn't be too hard to get a old cab uniform and get white star line stitched in the breast pocket and im willing to bet you could get one of those old uniforms fairly cheap, the more beat up and worn the better and cheaper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts