Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Grand Poobah
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to each of the HW retailer sites to see where they would be located this year. Spirit and HW USA have already pretty much setup to open their doors soon. I drove to the location that HW Express claimed to be located, and nada. No signage, no nuthin'. The website said they were already open.

I sent an email asking where the store would be located this year, if at all... check out the response I got. (edited down to the main point of their reply)

"...I am sorry to inform you but we do not receive any information regarding the retail stores due to the fact they each operate independently. The information on our store locator is updated at the store owner's convenience, they are responsible for taking advantage of the free advertising we offer them online, we do not do any of the updating. Sorry for any inconveniences. Thank you."

You would think they would at least have KNOWLEDGE of where their retail stores were going to be located!

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
Yes that is the same thing that happened to me last year. It said it was in the parking lot of a mall that is an hour away. I drive there and what did I find? Nothing. About a month later I drive back to see if it was there and it wasn't but some guy holding a Halloween Express sign was. I stopped and asked him where was the tent and he said they had an inside location in a practically hidden strip mall. But his sign didn't give the location. So if I had not asked. I don't know how that location got any business the orange tent is the best advertising. But if I owned Halloween Express I would definately try to keep the website up to date since it's their stuff they're selling. The website never did show their new location last year. There might be one near you and you never know it.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Had that happen a few years back. Now I always call first because getting to any of the stores is a drive. I make sure they are open, and in the location they claim to be :) But hey, lesson learned right?

·
Grand Poobah
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I could have called but honestly didn't expect the store to be open yet. Just wanted to see if they were going to be there.

The silly part about this whole thing is that the company couldn't tell me if they had a location in Atlanta!

Helloooo.... poor business model,anyone?
;-)

·
Registered
148 Posts
I work at the HW Express call center and unfortuanetly, the response you received is correct. All of the stores are not related to the website at all beyond the name, so we have no control over their hours, locations, etc....
We have to totally rely on the owner of the store to let us know their info, if they give us the wrong info, there is not much we can do about it.

Last year we had a location in Miami that was closed down three years ago on the website. When a customer told me that, I was able to get them to remove this location from the website.

If you tell me what the location was, I might be able to get them to change it on the website.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
It is a pain in my book to even find them. I know there is one that normally opens by my work. the guy told me last year that they were owned by Sears.(I guess where American shops) I am hoping they are open this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts