Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Funeral Crasher
7,444 Posts
That's too bad, cause he looks kinda creepy!

LOL His expression is like: "What!? What's wrong with me? Don't you like me?"

I love how sellers call a prop however many feet tall just because it has some cheapo cloth hanging on it that long. I could put ten feet of creepy cloth on something and call it a 10 ft. prop!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am fighting it out with them they wanted a pic showing it was not 6 foot tall. So I took a pic of my son holding it with a yard stick in his other hand. My son is not even 5 foot tall. So hopefully they reimburse me the shipping and all to return it. It is so cheesy it's not even funny. Really disappointed too because I was looking forward to using it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
it was quite expensive as well. that's a shame. I just bought something similar at my local party store for 17.95. Its eyes light up and it moans and screams. Not quite 6 feet tall, but pretty close.

·
Registered
312 Posts
You can open a dispute case with eBay due to Not as Advertised. With your pic and a ruler showing how long it really is can't see how you couldn't get your money back. If the seller refuses then Ebay can make the judgement call and if you win, which I wouldn't think otherwise, they will take the funds from them and give it back to you. Just info for ya. Your case would have to be about its size and not how different it looks though (even though its night & day).

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
The prop as delivered isn't even made of the same fabrics. You got cheap polyester and a strip of creepy cloth, rather than two types of natural, thick fiber open weave fabric.

That said, if they offered just the head, hands and wire armature, I'd throw $10 at it and dress it up myself. I really like that face.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Better hope they don't count that string you hang it with in the six feet. ;)

Just noticed the $19.06 shipping as well. That is not only a total ripoff but makes it sound like the prop is going to be bigger and heavier. I've shipped some much larger heavier props than that for less.

·
cheap and easy
2,294 Posts
My Breathing Grave ships in a 30 x 20 x 2 box and 3 pounds. Shipping cost ranges from $6 in KY and connecting states, $8.50 Fl, Tx and the middle of America and $11 to $16 west coast

That with ebay shipping and USPS...fedx is a lot higher and UPS ranges $11 to $16

But something you have to remember on shipping charges. Ebay and paypal will still take their combined 14% and while I never add in my time for shipping there could easily be 10 to 15 minutes involved. Then you have shipping boxes. I use recycled cardboard and make my own boxes...

it takes me about 6 minutes to fold, cut and glue a box together but the $4.00 I save on the box makes up for that. So while I never add in a cost for the box because of that. Boxes do cost so a seller should add that into the price of the item or the shipping.

·
cheap and easy
2,294 Posts
You can open a dispute case with eBay due to Not as Advertised. With your pic and a ruler showing how long it really is can't see how you couldn't get your money back. If the seller refuses then Ebay can make the judgement call and if you win, which I wouldn't think otherwise, they will take the funds from them and give it back to you. Just info for ya. Your case would have to be about its size and not how different it looks though (even though its night & day).

Does not matter what the reason is ebay is going to side with the buyer. Case in point...I give refunds on anything I sell NO QUESTIONS ASKED and reason does not matter as long as it's in the return period. As a matter of fact I never ask for the person to send a item back and still refund (shouldn't tell that :) )

unless I feel like I'm being played. I sold a bottle of cologne with a 21 day return. Sold it as used because it was. Five weeks later the person opened a case asking for a refund because she said it didn't smell like what she remembered it should. Stated she bought a bottle 2 years ago and this didn't smell like that. I asked why it took her 5 weeks to realize the smell wasn't the same and if she could give me a good reason I would still refund her $12. She stated she wore it for the the month and there was only 75% left but her sister said it didn't smell the same. I contacted ebay because I felt like I was being played...

even with it being two weeks past the 21 day return policy and she used 25% of the item ebay sided with the buyer. I sent her the refund and told her to throw the rest away. My one and only time because the other 6 I issued a 100% refund with in 5 minutes (all on make up I sold). So ebay will side with the buyer and they will get their money back...

Any seller that doesn't stand behind what they sell should not be selling. I would send it back because it does not look like the picture

I

·
Registered
24 Posts
http://www.shindigz.com/party/hanging-black-reaper/pgp/13szhwnhblr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qyCwDHri3w#t=29

This one didn't cost nearly that much but I thought it was a really good price because the video says that it's sound activated, it talks and the eyes light up. From the video the head looks almost as big as the woman's head. When I got them, I ordered two, the head wasn't even as big as a baseball and made of foam. No eyes, no sound, no where to put batteries in. When I called them the person that I talked to said the item description didn't say anything about the eyes lighting up or it making noises. I told her that the video right beside the description DID say it did all those things. After a lengthy conversation they wound up GIVING me one that cost 5.00 more and the eyes light up. That doesn't make up for the disappointment I felt when I found out that the ones I ordered didn't have the features they were advertised to have and I'm still thinking about sending them back. I bought 5 different reapers from them and am most disappointed in these. Dollar General has a 36" one that I like better than this!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Does not matter what the reason is ebay is going to side with the buyer. Case in point...I give refunds on anything I sell NO QUESTIONS ASKED and reason does not matter as long as it's in the return period. As a matter of fact I never ask for the person to send a item back and still refund (shouldn't tell that :) )

unless I feel like I'm being played. I sold a bottle of cologne with a 21 day return. Sold it as used because it was. Five weeks later the person opened a case asking for a refund because she said it didn't smell like what she remembered it should. Stated she bought a bottle 2 years ago and this didn't smell like that. I asked why it took her 5 weeks to realize the smell wasn't the same and if she could give me a good reason I would still refund her $12. She stated she wore it for the the month and there was only 75% left but her sister said it didn't smell the same. I contacted ebay because I felt like I was being played...

even with it being two weeks past the 21 day return policy and she used 25% of the item ebay sided with the buyer. I sent her the refund and told her to throw the rest away. My one and only time because the other 6 I issued a 100% refund with in 5 minutes (all on make up I sold). So ebay will side with the buyer and they will get their money back...

Any seller that doesn't stand behind what they sell should not be selling. I would send it back because it does not look like the picture

I
Ebay just got worse too. Buyer's remorse is now a perfectly acceptable reason to demand your money back, with the seller paying shipping both ways.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts