Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we don't really have a budget, per se, but I'm done Halloween shopping. Hit all the stores one last time over the past few days and there is nothing else I want/need/care to spend money on. All that's left is candy and some pumpkins to carve. I doubt I'll even go to the spirit day after 50% off sale, since I got what we needed earlier in the season. Anyone else done buying stuff?

Reactions: Grey Lady

·
Registered
23 Posts
I pretty sure I'm done with outside stuff. Now i have to buy "supplies" for the haunted garage set up.... ok, im not done yet! I still gotta buy scene setters maybe more lights and a few props to make and put in my haunt. Today i cleaned out the shed so i can move stuff from my garage into it temporarily while i build the haunt..... OH MY GOSH!!!! IM SO BEHIND! I GOTTA GO NOW, AND DO MORE WORK! UUUURRRGGGGHHH!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,719 Posts
Sigh. Nope, not finished at all. Have a bunch of building still to do this weekend and a trip to the big box hardware store for wood and other materials.

And we have major supplies still to go for our party too.

My Halloween budget is the scariest thing I've seen so far this year.

Reactions: ooojen

·
Registered
460 Posts
Not exactly. Done with our, "Oooooh I want this!" decorating stage. Now we're just getting food supplies for the party. However, we are also finishing up all our remaining Halloween art by tomorrow in order to sell it, so our budget may expand a bit.

Outside of personal Halloween, we're being commissioned for a ton of pumpkins for a local haunted house. I get to live the dream of selecting dozens of squash! SO EXCITING!

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,258 Posts
I did a good job last year at the 50% off sales for this year. I kinda knew what I wanted to make. All I need are odds and ends that never go on sale- things like spray paint, black latex paint etc. I treated myself this year to those skelly CVS rats, and a couple of led flickering amber lights at eflame.com So essentially, I was done Nov 2, 2014.:p

·
Registered
475 Posts
Can't really say I am done. I have visited a couple of stores around here and haven'e actually bought anything sooo I am probably done with props. I might go and see what they have after halloween to see if there is something. Building supplies and candy are still left to buy.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I was weak and decided to buy the resin Spirit Halloween tombstone that says "Death awaits all who enter here", during their free shipping. The we had a wind storm and it damaged a couple props so I need to get some supplies to do repair work before Halloween night. After Halloween, I am hoping to get one of the Spirit Halloween trees. So if I am lucky, my shopping is not done.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, I think I am. I met up with some folks earlier this year who were selling their entire decoration collection, so...yeah. Space-wise and budget-wise, I think I'm done. I'm being good and staying out of the stores, or I'll be tempted!

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
I just ordered and will pick up the last two props that I will buy before halloween this year I think. I still have some building material I need for my mad lab set up and a few cheap scene setters I'd still like to get but other than that, guess I'm mostly done with depleting funds. There's one more paycheck before halloween and not even sure if I'll use any of it for after halloween sales. Having fun right now pulling together things for my mad lab and digging through things I bought in previous years and some I forgot about. It's all new and exciting again :D. The weather's good here right now and there's still something like 22 days left so feeling very positive about this year's set up. Now if the weather will stay dry and nice through Halloween night....

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Need to buy some supplies for the outdoor décor. As far as pre-built props go, my wife bought me the Screaming Banshee for our Anniversary, so I'm good there. There are a few items that I would like to pick up haslf price after the holiday but they aren't necessary.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,798 Posts
What is this budget thing you mention? I've never heard of such a device. :)

It looks a lot like a red eye, steaming hot tempered Halloween hating wife smacking you on the side of the head.

Think non-traceable cash transactions to avoid running into the beast when you least expect it.

Oh ya...the most recent way to avoid the beast ambush....osenator lent it to me since he is not doing a witch theme this year.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I haven't bought chocolate to hand out yet, and haven't decided if I'm buying Halloween themed toys for the very little ToTs who can't eat candy. We've done it the last two years, so I half wonder if it will be expected...but those kids might be old enough for candy now, so they wouldn't get a duckie or whatever anyway? I do have everything else that we're giving out, though.

I will need wood, rebar, and spray paint for the fence if I make it. I'll need wood and hinges for a mantle if I make that, too.

I'm considering buying a tube black light bulb for the light strip that I picked up at Goodwill. I may have to order one if the "head shops" in the next town over, don't have any. Home Depot was a bust. Their skinny bulbs are 2 inches too short, and the long bulbs are too thick.

I didn't solve my window light problem, either. I may just stock up on dirt-cheap thrift store sale lamps over the course of this year, and use those next year, with colored twist bulbs.

·
Monster Collector
3,388 Posts
We've spent more this year than we have in recent years. Mainly because we are doing the walk through this year. After all the props, decorations, and supplies, it's been around $800.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
We're behind this year, Jer just got home from his vacation so today we went out. Had to stop and see what all the stores had. Jeez, I acted like a tourist on vacation and brought home several bags from each store. Honestly I have no control! We have not even started buying candy yet. Usually we do that over a 3 month span since we have a lot of kids that come. Gonna start working tomorrow full speed and am sure I'll go through what I do every year......as we start the decorating I need this and that.......nope we're not done.

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
2,081 Posts
I think I'm done - except for candy. I can't buy that too soon or the hubby / kid will get into it. I'm with DeadEd - I've browsed but nothing has managed to make it home with me, so I quit going into stores.

Of course, now that I've said it....there will be SOMETHING else that I NEED to have ......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts