Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year we are accepting donations (both food & money) for a charity that sends food home with kids over the weekend. The only meals these kids get are the school lunches during the week. It's called Blessings in a Backpack. Since we were collecting money I wanted to build a donation box. The zombie face is actually a thin cardboard toilet paper roll cover which was glued onto a piece of foam board. My wife hand colored the wording and cut it out. It was then glued onto a toilet flange. The top toilet flange was connected to a 6" 45 degree angle elbow with a short piece of 6" pipe and then attached to 2 sections of 6" pvc with a coupler and then to another toilet flange that is screwed onto a piece of 1" thick board. I built it in sections so it can be broken down and stored. A stick on LED light is also attached to the top of the foam board. The mouth is about 5' off the ground. Whole project was about $35. I'm not sure how well the foam board will hold up and will probably replace it with wood next year. I'll drill holes at each corner of the board and stake it too the ground and will also weigh it down with 60lbs landscape blocks. It will sit in my yard behind the graveyard fence so it would be very awkward to try to lift.
P1510348.jpg
P1510347.jpg
P1510349.jpg
P1510350.jpg

·
black light queen
2,606 Posts
luv the zombie ... :)

there may be liability implications with any donations or money ... hopefully others can chime in ... but i'm under the impression that there possibly may need to be inspections by the local authorities, such as fire & electric, since you're accepting monetary donations ...

don't want to stop you as i'm all for helping out the needy, but if there is an injury on your property, your normal home liability insurance may not be applicable ... it might be prudent to call your insurance agent/company for clarification ...

hope i'm not being a downer, but you need to make certain that you won't be personally responsible for any liabilities that may occur ... cover your a$$ :)

amk

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your concern, but my wife is in the insurance field and has the situation in hand. There are no issues.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We do a fundraising haunt for the Cancer Society and always buy liability insurance to cover our Buts just in case. As long as your wife has that taken care of you should be good to go. I love your creativity with your donation box. Super awesome. Hope you raise a ton of money for your cause

1 - 4 of 4 Posts