Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Below are some pics of some Halloween dollhouse size things that i made last year. I enjoy doing dollhouse scale minis and would love to know if there is anyone else on the list that is interested in that kind of thing.

Hope you enjoy.

Oh, and if you are wondering what dollhouse scale is, 1" = 1'. The Death doll stands at just about 6 inches (not including his staff). The Bride would be also be about 6 inches if standing. The scarecrow stands about 8 inches tall including the base.

I hope I attached the pictures correctly.

Attachments

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Those are amazing! The details are so perfect.

I know there were some threads recently about haunted dollhouses - try the search for "dollhouse" and see.

These are professional quality and you should be very proud of them... just beautiful! :cool:

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much Frankie's Girl. I loved doing them and it kept me busy last year while I was unemployed....of course now I'm working and no time for fun. LOL

sasquatch
you did an amazing job. Having gone through a miniture making fraze I thing you are doing a wonderful job on those. So are you going to do a diorama?

Devilishly Dutch
Yes I agee with the others....those are amazing! Are you going to make the haunted house for them as well? Next time you are out of work, you might consider those as a supplement for your income!

MsM

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement!

I actually used to make porcelain dollhouse dolls to help pay for my miniature habit, but have wandered away from doing that. I actually made those three to sell last year, but there were no takers so they sit on the shelf with everything else. HAHA

Devilishly Dutch
How much you selling them for and do you ship overseas? :D

So those are handmade and not from those skeletons that hang on the garland?

MsM

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
MsM, the base of all three of these are the skeletons from the garland. Great eye! I basically posed, and dressed them. The scarecrow was the hardest. Everything except the base skeleton was sculpted by me. Even teh vines are handcrafted. The crow on his shoulder is sculpted and then feathered.

Thanks Clockwerk. They really were fun to make and pulling them out has started to wake up my mini passion again. I miss doing the fun stuff.

Registered
Giles, those really are exceptional and you should consider making more.

I bought some of the garland skeletons the other day and want to try some different things with them. How did you pose the skeletons? Did you heat the plastic to get it soft of what?

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks toyjunkie. I used a knitting needle and heated it with a lighter and then held it briefly to the plastic. The skeletons melt really quickly so you have to be careful.

As much as I like those three, I would never make more. I have never made the same doll twice. Just can't do it. I tried one time for a friend that wanted a doll i had sold and it ended up being another original, but in the same style.

The website I put them on for sale actually has a fun poem with each figure. It was kind of a trademark of mine. I like to give each of my creations a story.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the offer savagehunter. I didn't really put them up here to sell, I just thought someone would like to look at them. If you are really interested in them, let me know offline and we can discuss it.

Devilishly Dutch
MsM, the base of all three of these are the skeletons from the garland. Great eye! I basically posed, and dressed them. The scarecrow was the hardest. Everything except the base skeleton was sculpted by me. Even teh vines are handcrafted. The crow on his shoulder is sculpted and then feathered.

Thanks Clockwerk. They really were fun to make and pulling them out has started to wake up my mini passion again. I miss doing the fun stuff.
I've been fascinated with those little skellies ever since voodoo willy posted his skelly fairy.
You just gave me more ideas on what to do with them! I think I'd like to try to make the grim reaper to use as on a trophy this year for the costume contest. Voodoo Willy used hot glue to pose them. How did you do it? Oh and here is my skelly fairy in a jar

Registered
Giles those are stunning, you're a very talented artist. You should start your own business, lots of doll house collectors would snap them up. Make one and put it on Ebay you'll get tons of bids.

Horror off the Highway
I LOVE the detail you did your peices. They are so unique and wonderful. If you decide to make more, please please post some pics!! :D

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
MsM...I love the trapped fairy!! I had never seen that before. That really gives me some ideas. :)

Halloween Sucks in UK and Mistress....thanks for the words of encouragement. I used to sell dolls frequently on Ebay and through a website, but I haven't done that in a long time. Might have to try again. :)

Reaper
Wow! those are amazing! I would love to see you make a whole Halloween series of them!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts