Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I scored 3 bags of 3" rubber rats. About 12 in a bag, 6 black 6 grey. My wife will be hot gluing them all over the fence I'm making out of PVC and 2x1 strapping. Nice score for $3.00, the extra detail will be cool.

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah my store had them and the crows but ran out in like a week i was bummed because i really wanted some!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I made out like a bandit at the Dollar Tree this year. They had a very impressive collection of Halloween merchandise.

Among some of my purchases:

-I bought a bunch of the "Rattlin Bones" collection. I fell in love with the set and they are very well made.

- "That's Gross!" body parts. These are really cool. They are realistic looking mini body parts. You get a nose, tongue, hand, foot and a ear.

- Beware of Zombies sign. I love this thing!

- Butcher Shop sign

- Skeleton hands

- Argyle Halloween socks (I am a sucker for argyle)

- Crossbones Inn and Pumpkinheads signs

- My Halloween tablecloth

- Crows

-Bottle labels

- I got all of my daughter's party supplies here for her Halloween birthday party. I spent about $30 to decorate a whole grange. I got some monster cutouts, a cute Frankenstein sucking on a lollipop cutout, a pumpkin mobile, 6 tablecloths, a bunch of Halloween balloons, some inflatable decorations and a ton more I can't recall right now. I also got Halloween plates, napkins and cups there along with black silverware. I also found these cute Winney the Pooh and Disney Princess Halloween paint sets to give away as prizes to the kiddos.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm Low to No budget and DollarTree has been the best. I've roughly spent $125. Give or take a few Foamboards. I've assembled/made 10 headstones and 2 -4ft(roughly) obelisks. I have plenty of scraps left over as well.
-7 crows
-4 skulls
-4 bags 9ct mini skulls
-4 pairs hands
-2 12ft. fake barbwire strands
-25 foamboards (tombstones/obelisks)
-1 18ct fangs.
-1 mini skelli garland
-17 2 yard creepy cloth in 3 variations
-9 wooden deco crosses
-5 mini glue stick packages 20ct. (assemble stones)
-3 8ct battery packages
-1 craft knife(cut boards)
-10 plastic chain strands (2-3 ft long)
-18 packages of glow sticks bracelets (treatbags)
-1 sharpie
-3 bags of cheapo toys (treatbags)
-5 boxs of halloween sandwich bags for treatbags
-2 bags deco moss

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm Low to No budget and DollarTree has been the best. I've roughly spent $125. Give or take a few Foamboards. I've assembled/made 10 headstones and 2 -4ft(roughly) obelisks. I have plenty of scraps left over as well.
-7 crows
-4 skulls
-4 bags 9ct mini skulls
-4 pairs hands
-1 18ct fangs.
-1 mini skelli garland
-9 wooden deco crosses
-3 8ct battery packages
-1 sharpie
-2 bags deco moss
AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE! :p LOL! Sorry, I had to say it. :D All of you scored some nice stuff!!! I'll need to make a stop this week to see what's left.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I got to go! We use to have a dollar tree and a party city 10 mins from our old house. We moved and we have neither real close. Got to make the trip this week! When my kids were litttle, we'd stroll the aisles starting in Aug. The older kids were back in school, we had the stores to ourselves. Now my kids are the ones back in school and I have to do it alone. Sweet memories...

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I made out like a bandit at the Dollar Tree this year. They had a very impressive collection of Halloween merchandise.

Among some of my purchases:

-I bought a bunch of the "Rattlin Bones" collection. I fell in love with the set and they are very well made.

- "That's Gross!" body parts. These are really cool. They are realistic looking mini body parts. You get a nose, tongue, hand, foot and a ear.

- Beware of Zombies sign. I love this thing!

- Butcher Shop sign

- Skeleton hands

- Argyle Halloween socks (I am a sucker for argyle)

- Crossbones Inn and Pumpkinheads signs

- My Halloween tablecloth

- Crows

-Bottle labels

- I got all of my daughter's party supplies here for her Halloween birthday party. I spent about $30 to decorate a whole grange. I got some monster cutouts, a cute Frankenstein sucking on a lollipop cutout, a pumpkin mobile, 6 tablecloths, a bunch of Halloween balloons, some inflatable decorations and a ton more I can't recall right now. I also got Halloween plates, napkins and cups there along with black silverware. I also found these cute Winney the Pooh and Disney Princess Halloween paint sets to give away as prizes to the kiddos.
i want some crows so bad! my doller tree ran out in a week!
In my opinion Dollar tree has my vote for best halloween buys in 09........
yeah always. duh? lol i know they really do tho
-7 crows
-4 skulls
-4 bags 9ct mini skulls
-4 pairs hands
-1 18ct fangs.
-1 mini skelli garland
-9 wooden deco crosses
-3 8ct battery packages
-1 sharpie
-2 bags deco moss
holy crap thats a lot of stuff
AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE! :p LOL! Sorry, I had to say it. :D All of you scored some nice stuff!!! I'll need to make a stop this week to see what's left.
lol not much is left at my store
I got to go! We use to have a dollar tree and a party city 10 mins from our old house. We moved and we have neither real close. Got to make the trip this week! When my kids were litttle, we'd stroll the aisles starting in Aug. The older kids were back in school, we had the stores to ourselves. Now my kids are the ones back in school and I have to do it alone. Sweet memories...
its really nice were i live im like 2 mins away from a party city, doller tree, walmart/target and a lowes/homedepot. then like 10 mins away from a sprit its really nice.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Dollar Tree got lots of my money this year! I'm doing a tribal theme outside so I've been Dollar Treeing since May. 18 foam coolers became 3 Tiki colums and additional platforms; 24 packages of large bones for deco so my cemetery fence can go tribal; lots of skull string garlands, skelly string garlands, small bones, about 30 blucky skulls of which I removed all the jaws and repainted for my fence posts and 3 5-skull "catacomb skull" type pieces. 20 straw brooms which I will take apart (I might need more) for the top of a "grass" hut. A bunch of rattan waste baskets which I will attach 2 together to become tribal "drums." LED little spot lights, moss, raffia. Treat bags, bowls, napkins, growing body parts, tribal-looking computer paper for my flyer invitations, blank note cards, glues, adhesive squares for making up my Halloween cards. Hair extensions for my shrunken heads; floral greenery; little ceremic skull bowls. I know there's more, but I can't think of it. I'm in Dollar Tree every week. Might go again today!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
BackYardHaunter: The LED mini spotlights are clip-on things, kind of bullet-shaped. They aren't Halloween items and are usually found in a hanging package with all the book lights and those types of items. They are very nice to highlight tombstones and such. Actually many of their little LED lights and booklights are nice to use for Halloween.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The trick with dollartree and stores like them is to find out what day they get deliveries and check back often. Their merchandise turns over quickly. Ive gotten lots of good stuff that was probablly only on the shelves a day or so until gone.

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BackYardHaunter: The LED mini spotlights are clip-on things, kind of bullet-shaped. They aren't Halloween items and are usually found in a hanging package with all the book lights and those types of items. They are very nice to highlight tombstones and such. Actually many of their little LED lights and booklights are nice to use for Halloween.
ohhh i'm gonig to have to check
The trick with dollartree and stores like them is to find out what day they get deliveries and check back often. Their merchandise turns over quickly. Ive gotten lots of good stuff that was probablly only on the shelves a day or so until gone.
yeah this is super true there stuff is gone in a day.

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah same with me its crazy i walk in one day to pick up something and they were just setting up for halloween. but i only had a doller and 9 cents. then i go back like a week later an everything that i wanted was gone! but i did get some tea lights 2 pack for a doller :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I picked up a bunch of the tombstones ~ figured they would make good fillers.
20 tea lights for the candles ~ know those aren't Halloween but that is what I bought them for.
11 mesh bags of mini skulls ~ will be put into service as fence pole toppers.
Grave yard sign
2 big plastic skulls ~ one is unmolested so far the other one lost the back half and is hanging around on my sign.

I know I got more than that but those are the basics.

:)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I love the dollar tree! I haven't inventoried everything I bought this year so far, but I LOVE the severed feet that we picked up!
My kids leave them all over the house. Theres always a set of them sittingi n someones shoes by the doorway. It cracks me up everytime I glance a the rug where everyone leaves their shoes, and there is a set of severed ankles sticking up out of a pair!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts