Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Reaper Queen
8,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a tombstone I made using the small foam cooler from the Dollar Tree. Plus a 50 cent cherub from Michaels, a piece of styrofoam from the trash at work, and a small garden angel that I have had in my backyard for years.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Bethene that is fantastic!!! So a cooler from Dollar tree and some scrap styrofoam??? Wow. I love the finished product and that little garden angel is great, but you know Im all about the garden stuff now:) Great job!!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,087 Posts
If you hadn't told what the materials are, I wouldn't have guessed it was a cooler...

Lovely stone! :cool:

·
Reaper Queen
8,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Elza, I used the foam cooler from the dollar tree, a piece of styrofoam aboout 1 1/2 inches thick and about 14"x8", took the top off, turned the cooler upside down on the shhet of foam, and used liquid nails to attach, the used liquid nails to attach the top to the bottom of the cooler, again, used liquid nails to attach the cherub, painted it , set the angel next to it, voila, instant $1.50 cooler!! Of course if you had to buy the foam on the bottom, it woudl cost a bit more. I had to just hand paint the RIP on it, as it was too thin to carve into.

·
crossfit zombie
7,495 Posts
Looks great!I use coolers also this year my christmas angel will sit on top of a joint compound painted one that will be a fog chiller.Hope it works well haven't tested it but I figure last year I used a small bucket as a chiller and it worked ok for my yard.Low ground fog.That this should work better.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I also have some letters made outta card board, I got a Michaels, I could have used the liquid nails, and attached them that way, if I make another one I will do that!, just have to seal them then!
CVS has foam letters in their dollar bins. The Dollar Tree probably carries them too and then you wouldn't have to seal them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts