Halloween Forum banner

161 - 180 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've check all the local DT stores(5 in all) and still no glow paint. I do have a question about the glow paint from any body who has purchase it. How long does the glow last?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I went to a DT one town over (some place I rarely go) several days ago and they had all of their Halloween stuff out on floats like they were working on putting it out. I asked who I assume was a manager if he had seen any of the birds and he said no but if I spotted the box to let him know and he would open it up for me. I did not see any so I thought I would come back in a few days when they had everything out. Fast forward to today. I went back. Everything was still in the exact same place it was when I went the first time. None of the Halloween stuff that was sitting on the floats the first time had been touched. Talk about being disappointed. I did find the birds at the big DT that we go to occasionally. So at least I got a couple. I just wish I could have known that the first store was not in a hurry to put their stuff out. I could have saved a little gas and just went to the big one. Oh well. Rant over. :-D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are there going to be flocked crows this year, too, or is it all glitter crows? I have some real old ones with feathers on their bellies, and various replacements from the past few years with flocking. The foam is only so durable, so I always need replacements for casualties...

·
Registered
232 Posts
I ran into a rather familiar face at my Dollar Tree today; anyone else find this "Munsters" piece?

Nono, it's Lucy Monster of course! ;)

Yeah if that ain't a rip off of Yvonne De Carlos face I don't know what is. I'd still love to find one just because I love Lily and it's probably the closest I'd get to a cut out of her. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Has anyone seen the styrofoam carve-able pumpkins yet? The one I went to last weekend had a little bit stuff out, and quite a bit still in the boxes (including Tombstone Corners), but I didn't see a box of the pumpkins.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone seen the styrofoam carve-able pumpkins yet? The one I went to last weekend had a little bit stuff out, and quite a bit still in the boxes (including Tombstone Corners), but I didn't see a box of the pumpkins.
I've seen them in 3/4 of Dollar Trees I've been to. The one I didn't see them in didn't have most of their stuff out, so I assume that means your store just hasn't put them out yet.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts

Yeah, both DTs in my area had them. They were among one of the first things out.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks, Plastic Ninja and Shadowbat for reassuring me about the pumpkins. Those things are just so fun to decorate. I've made little dioramas with them, decoupaged another, made a house for the little vinyl mice we see in the stores this time of year, and so on.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Plastic Ninja, I haven't seen any of the organs but then again none of the DT in my area had them last year either so i wouldn't be surprised if I don't see any this year as well. I'll holler if I see them.
Still no skelly birds for me either, I would be happy with one or two but so far its a no go.
Same with our store. I don't even remember seeing them the last two years there. If I remember correctly, I was a rescue reaper that year, and my victim wanted some, but ours didn't have any. I know that they didn't have them at ours last year. (maybe my memory is worse than I think, and I was a RR last year? I don't think so, though)

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,602 Posts
I agree...definitely the best, so far!! Besides all the stuff I have purchased from there, so far, I still need to find the silver mirrored ceramic skulls (because I wanted them for a bathroom counter display I want to do) and I still may want to go get the bat trick or treat sign I just saw today and absolutely love...I would also like the witch sign, the crow/skull sign, more mirrored metallic ceramic pumpkins, the orange and black bat scarf, another plastic mercury glass look skull and several other things that I just can't think of right now...the list just keep going, lol. I could easily sped a ton of money, this year, but I have to stop myself from buying more from there at the moment, though, because I need money for my Secret Reaper exchange stuff.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I agree...definitely the best, so far!! Besides all the stuff I have purchased from there, so far, I still need to find the silver mirrored ceramic skulls (because I wanted them for a bathroom counter display I want to do) and I still may want to go get the bat trick or treat sign I just saw today and absolutely love...I would also like the witch sign, the crow/skull sign, more mirrored metallic ceramic pumpkins, the orange and black bat scarf, another plastic mercury glass look skull and several other things that I just can't think of right now...the list just keep going, lol. I could easily sped a ton of money, this year, but I have to stop myself from buying more from there at the moment, though, because I need money for my Secret Reaper exchange stuff.
I went way over budget ths year and I still have to order the Home Depot Reaper.

At least I got my Victim finished early :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Went to a DT a bit farther away from my house today while on other errands. It's funny how they seem to have different stages of things out, and the merchandise isn't exactly the same. Today I found the metallic skulls but not plastic skellies or styro pumpkins yet. They also had some glittery bat "stick ons" in purple & black (bottom left corner in photo), large-ish plastic hollow spiders (center right in photo), and looks like 2 new-for-this-year menu signs. I have 3 or 4 of the other menu signs & I hang them or prop them up on our party buffet each year.

In the kids section they also had those "put them in water & they grow" items, including some bugs. I may just paint them & set them around or put them in lab-like containers. I really wanted to find 6-8 of the mini plastic skulls that have the spine attached and are on a base, but I haven't seen those.

I think someone asked about glow paint - I saw about 15 small tubes of it at this DT today. It was on a shelf with craft-type Halloween stuff.

DSC00470.jpg

·
Registered
79 Posts
I truly hope Canadian DT stores get the skelly birds & the skull on the candle stick (stands or whatever you want to call them)..... those craft pumpkins are plentiful at the stores near me.... overall, our stores seem to be so slow in putting out HW stuff...still focusing on back-to-school with some Fall merchandise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the set and additions of the tombstone corners the first year they came out with them. Tried to set them all on a shelf. Last year I never displayed them. I thought to myself this is silly. I have a full Spooky Town set up and don't want to take the room it requires to use the DT ones so if anyone missed out the first year and wants to buy the whole set pm me. I'm not searching for a buyer so have no interest in posting in the for sale thread but I am throwing it out there if anyone really wishes they picked them up.
Cloe, I sent you a PM. I'm interested in this set if you would still like to sell it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the Tombstone Corners pieces for this year? The store here where I live had some of the buildings and figurines, but from what I can tell just looking online, they are pieces from the last couple of years.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,602 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the Tombstone Corners pieces for this year? The store here where I live had some of the buildings and figurines, but from what I can tell just looking online, they are pieces from the last couple of years.
Go back a couple pages to post #155...there is a video review posted there of the new ones for this year. :)

161 - 180 of 278 Posts