Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 278 Posts

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Hello all! I'm new here but I love DT Halloween goodies. I joined to let you all know that I found these at my local DT today. I was starting to worry that they weren't going to put new ones out this year after the cobblestone corners Christmas village issues from last year. I didn't get a photo of all the pieces in the store but I think there is two more buildings, a skull bridge that matches the gazebo from 2014, and a new grim reaper figure. View attachment 286909

Welcome to the forum, Zead, and thank you for the information on Tombstone Corners! I have tried getting information from DT directly and got nothing! These pieces look really nice and they seem to be improving with each year.

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,730 Posts
I'm hoping they are still getting stuff in at my DT. I'm not impressed so far :( I already have what is out from my stockpile from years past. I'm looking for those skeleton hands a few posts back. I know I need to be patient haha.... We don't go back to school up here until after Labor Day so everything is still back to school.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I bought the set and additions of the tombstone corners the first year they came out with them. Tried to set them all on a shelf. Last year I never displayed them. I thought to myself this is silly. I have a full Spooky Town set up and don't want to take the room it requires to use the DT ones so if anyone missed out the first year and wants to buy the whole set pm me. I'm not searching for a buyer so have no interest in posting in the for sale thread but I am throwing it out there if anyone really wishes they picked them up.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I went today, and please don't beat me with wet noodles, but I didn't take photos! :(

Our store is still in the process of setting up. They had several things that they didn't have last year, but nothing really noteworthy. I am also looking for those faux mercury glass (plastic) skulls! None out here, as of yet. (no metallic pumpkins, either)

We did have a couple of really nice thin wood signs. I picked up one, and may pick up the other that is similar to it. I talked myself into only one today. They also had two new lenticulars, but they are the 100% flat type, like last year. No semi-realistic frames, just a sheet of plastic with a "frame" printed on top of the picture.

This is the wood sign that I bought. It's definitely a step up for DT. It looks more like it would come from DG or 99 Cents Only.

(the one similar to it was with green hues I believe, had a bat, and said Trick or Treat on it)

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I wish they would go back to the lenticulars that have the actual frames around them, even though they are plastic. I do like the man & woman pictured though, & will probably pick them up but will likely cut them out & put them in frames myself.

My Dollar Tree had some plastic skulls yesterday, so I grabbed 5, and a few tombstones to choose from. I bought two that I haven't seen pictured yet but I haven't taken any photos of them yet either. My two are the same design as I plan to use them on my driveway columns - I'll be altering them a bit. They did have some Halloween cards out as well, and a few packs of silhouette shapes for kid crafting and some spider webbing bags.

It's all finally happening! :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
I wish they would go back to the lenticulars that have the actual frames around them, even though they are plastic. I do like the man & woman pictured though, & will probably pick them up but will likely cut them out & put them in frames myself.

My Dollar Tree had some plastic skulls yesterday, so I grabbed 5, and a few tombstones to choose from. I bought two that I haven't seen pictured yet but I haven't taken any photos of them yet either. My two are the same design as I plan to use them on my driveway columns - I'll be altering them a bit. They did have some Halloween cards out as well, and a few packs of silhouette shapes for kid crafting and some spider webbing bags.

It's all finally happening! :D

I am planning to do the same thing with the lenticulars :)

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,161 Posts
My DT has a good lot of Halloween out, now, but still not the items I want! Still looking for the plastic mercury glass skulls, ceramic metallic skulls, some more ceramic metallic pumpkins to replace mine that I just dropped and busted ( :mad: ) and some of the new, nicer looking plastic skulls that wicked26 posted. I'm, also, liking that skull and raven sign that LairMistress posted...though, I wish it didn't have the glitter. I could probably seal that little bit around the edge, though. My store has none of this, for some reason. Sigh...

I, also, really need to collect a good amount of cheap little Halloween sticker boxes/sheets, little Halloween toys, mini rats, bats, ect. to use as ToT mini goodie bag filler...since we moved to a different city/neighborhood, we are going to have many more ToTs than we are used to! I hope they get some good stuff for that, too.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I'm, also, liking that skull and raven sign that LairMistress posted...though, I wish it didn't have the glitter. I could probably seal that little bit around the edge, though.
The letters are also glittered. I dislike glitter for the most part. I gave in on this one, because it was done well.

Then, I didn't get a basket while shopping in there, and tucked it under my arm, laid the sign against my shirt--glitter side DOWN, realized I'd carried it halfway through the shopping trip like that...not a speck of glitter on me. I was shocked! Sealing it still might be a good idea, though.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My dollar tree was putting out decor today, all of the craft items were out...got several things including googly eyes to craft with my 3yr old...I asked when it would all be out and an employee told me their hard deadline to have it all up/out is 8/26...don't know if that's company wide

·
Registered
214 Posts
I need to get several packages of ping-pong-ball eyeballs for the cats. They loved them, but quickly lost them under the furniture. By the time I got back to the store, the eyeballs were sold out.

One of these days, I'm going to be cleaning under something, and a whole bunch of eyeballs are going to roll out. :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
sad. They didnt come out with the same tombstone buildings. I was hoping they would. There are ppl selling them for $30 and up on ebay.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
sad. They didnt come out with the same tombstone buildings. I was hoping they would. There are ppl selling them for $30 and up on ebay.
I forget--which one were you looking for? Sorry, silly me... I forgot that it was in this thread. I see it now. I never did see that little house at our store. They didn't put any houses out when they put last years' stuff out a few weeks ago, either, nor the witch with the cauldron. I may have her though. I will check for you!

41 - 60 of 278 Posts