Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm going Halloween oogling tomorrow, I hope my dollar trees have stuff out. I love finding treasures for Halloween crafting there. I'd probably say 50% of my decorations have come from the dollar tree or were made using things from the dollar tree. It's really helpful budget wise since the C word is right around the corner from Halloween, I'm usually trying to save for that AND decorate. Eep T_T

·
Registered
28 Posts
I thought about detaching the chains from those plastic stakes, and using those to hold down my wedding carpet. We're using red dollar store table cloths as the carpet the bride walks down.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,098 Posts
Husband bought three of the little pumpkin ceramics that you can paint. Which I promptly dropped on the floor as soon as we got home. :confused:
OH NOES!!!

I bought 2 of each that they had.

My DT only had an endcap of crows, rats, those ceramic pumpkins & skulls. Not much really.

·
Registered
460 Posts
My local DT has finally put out some Halloween merch, and it is the most pathetic display ever. A single column of shelves:
- Spiderwebs
- Foam tombstones
- Two choices of fake halloween restaurant signs
- Some cardboard coffin boxes
- Some shiny tinsel pumpkins

Not sure why they even bothered. I hope they get more in.

i did see my local store has some elegant clear green glass dishes. I may pick those up for my scaled down party idea. Meh.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Yeah, ours had 2 end caps full of Halloween stuff. Various rubber critters, some tinsel/garland, and lights.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ours have the Fall stuff out and what looks like, last year's left over Halloween stuff.... I picked up some burlap pumpkins.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I went two days ago, and ours didn't have anything new yet. I like the plastic Mercury-glass look skulls. I may get a few of those for inside. I need a few rats, and what I really am looking forward to, is seeing what kind of Scene Setter type murals they have.

We removed the wheelchair ramp that was on the front of our house, so I don't have that to decorate this year...but we gained an electric wheelchair lift at the back of the house, which can still be seen from the front. It's fairly tall, and enclosed on two sides, so I'm planning on "wrapping" the exposed sides with murals and heavy duty magnets from a hardware store. I'm also going to have some sort of "creep" hanging over the side of the lowered lift.

·
Registered
95 Posts
New or new-ish items of interest:

Loving this fencing. I'm gonna have to order some if I can't find it locally. My DT is just about to have its grand opening, so I'm hoping that means they went ahead and stocked them up with Halloween goodies. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Loving this fencing. I'm gonna have to order some if I can't find it locally. My DT is just about to have its grand opening, so I'm hoping that means they went ahead and stocked them up with Halloween goodies. :rolleyes:
I have those! I found them last year, bought out all of the bat fencing at one DT, went to another and they told me someone had come in hours before and already did it! They didn't get anymore in after the initial stocking so if you don't get them right away they will be gone until next year.

I used this tutorial on them and they turned out great! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpfBWq2XPHA

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have those! I found them last year, bought out all of the bat fencing at one DT, went to another and they told me someone had come in hours before and already did it! They didn't get anymore in after the initial stocking so if you don't get them right away they will be gone until next year.

I used this tutorial on them and they turned out great! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpfBWq2XPHA
That looks cheap, easy, and awesome, which is pretty much my favorite combination. Guess I have some DT stalking to do!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello all! I'm new here but I love DT Halloween goodies. I joined to let you all know that I found these at my local DT today. I was starting to worry that they weren't going to put new ones out this year after the cobblestone corners Christmas village issues from last year. I didn't get a photo of all the pieces in the store but I think there is two more buildings, a skull bridge that matches the gazebo from 2014, and a new grim reaper figure. image.jpg

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hello all! I'm new here but I love DT Halloween goodies. I joined to let you all know that I found these at my local DT today. I was starting to worry that they weren't going to put new ones out this year after the cobblestone corners Christmas village issues from last year. I didn't get a photo of all the pieces in the store but I think there is two more buildings, a skull bridge that matches the gazebo from 2014, and a new grim reaper figure. View attachment 286909
I really like the fence and the witch.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
OK I only went into my DT store today to pick up an inflatable inner tube from their summer toys area before summer all got pulled. BTW didn't see any raffia grass skirts or netting like I have in the past. No inner tubes either, just water wings and beach balls. Was hoping for a giant inner tube, which I've seen in the past there, for my horse to wear around his neck when I do the skeletons on the beach theme.

I did find a few other things still in their summer toy section, and didn't walk out empty handed.

This bubble blowing liquid comes in what looks to be Ice Cream Bar shapes. I've bought them before and they look great and make a nice addition to a carnival or ice cream vendor setting. My favorite is the chocolate one.

Found these Sand Castle molds and thinking of my skellies on the beach, thought fill with Great Stuff and turn into sand castles they can be making.

This thing was called a Star Burst Rachet, what ever that is suppose to be, but if you look at the one I laid out on the shelf, it says Intubation Tube in a hospital or Scuba Regulator and Tube for diving skeletons.

Very little halloween out yet which is typical for my area.

21 - 40 of 278 Posts