Halloween Forum banner

261 - 278 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Target has some pretty awesome things for Halloween this year. I've found it can be hit or miss there.
And lots of the skelly birds, dogs, etc. that everyone is talking about. Not a dollar but better quality.

·
Registered
147 Posts
For anyone that was interested in seeing why I needed so many Dollar Tree flowers. I finally finished my headpiece for my wedding. I used the black roses from Dollar Tree, and some of the purple daisies and hydrangeas they had that I dusted with black spray paint. The antlers were made with wire, foil and masking tape I also picked up from Dollar tree, and a thin layer of Sculpey which was then covered in paint. The feathers in the back are a mix of large black feathers from the craft store, and smaller brown/black feathers my mother found on her property, so a mix of chicken and brown bird feathers. Trying to make the most of my itty bitty budget!

Attachments

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,098 Posts
LOL! Yes, I discovered this a few years ago when I bought some too! I wanted to use the ravens as toppers for potions bottles, and I bought a couple of mice for a little cage in a display. When I realized they wouldn't turn off, I wrapped them in a towel & shoved them in a drawer until they stopped working! :rolleyes:

Those rats are fun to put in co-workers overhead bins, drawers, purses, etc. Because in the dark they're VERY lifelike & HILARIOUS!!!:D

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
I'll be making a trip to our local Dollar Tree on Wednesday. They are the only store I've ever found the Tombstone corners pieces at and are generally pretty well stocked when it comes to Halloween. So if there's anything you are looking for, I'd be happy to look and see if I can find it for you. :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Has anyone managed to find the paintable figure sets, as well as the paintable pumpkin and skull? I've found everything on my list but them...well that and the green glow in the dark paint...I just found the orange.

Also does anyone have a picture of the Tombstone pieces that came out THIS year? I keep finding last years in photos...I want to make sure the stuff I got today is the 2016 set.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Has anyone managed to find the paintable figure sets, as well as the paintable pumpkin and skull? I've found everything on my list but them...well that and the green glow in the dark paint...I just found the orange.

Also does anyone have a picture of the Tombstone pieces that came out THIS year? I keep finding last years in photos...I want to make sure the stuff I got today is the 2016 set.
I posted these photos on pages 4&5. My store had the paintable figures and pumpkin or skulls out first so they were mostly sold out by the time the rest of the Halloween decorations were put out.
image.jpg image.jpeg

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,098 Posts
I didn't realize they had new stuff for Tombstone Corners this year. Not that I wanted any, I just thought I could be on the lookout.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Visited our DT today and they had several of the smaller Tombstone Corners pieces, such as the gazebo, gate, witch, etc. as well as a few of the small paintable figurines, but no more skelly birds. If anyone's interested, I would be happy to pick them up for cost + shipping from 26447. We have a 6% sales tax so each piece would be $1.06. I'd also be willing to trade for a few of the paintable pumpkins.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts

I also did a video review of the new 2016 pieces.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Looks like I got all of this years then...I just need more black fences...like 7 more actually. I hope the DT closer to me still has some left...I only bought one because I was getting one of everything they had to see how my village layout was going to work...so I regret not getting more...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Man, Dollar Tree has been a huge help to me this year. We're on a really tight budget, but I really wanted a big party this year. Dollar Tree actually had a lot of fun decorations, so I definitely stocked up as soon as they were out. Though I'm "done" spending any more money for the most part, I'm going back for the candy to put in my prize baskets. I just love having the candy in the box like that.

Anyone else feel like they need to have someone with them to make sure they don't go overboard in there?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,098 Posts
Anyone else feel like they need to have someone with them to make sure they don't go overboard in there?
Oh I can totally relate but I'm glad I don't have a supervisor, it so much more fun that way!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I actually have my mom with me when I go to places...but even as the voice of reason...she's easy to drown out lol. She kept watching me fill up the cart with Tombstone Corner pieces and kept asking "Do you REALLY need all that?"...well for a buck each? Yeah I do! But she was right on the Gazebos...I bought one to many...I could have pulled it off with just two lol.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
My dollar tree had all their Halloween bagged candy at 25 cents each. I picked up bags of 20 Halloween themed lollipops and bags of 8 vampire teeth with "blood" bag. There was also candy corn and other types of candy- but I bought what I thought would last one year,.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,098 Posts
I need to get in to get some Christmas treat bags. They usually have some smallish ziploc type bags that I use for my pecans & hard candy. If you don't get them early they won't have them later.

261 - 278 of 278 Posts