Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Spookiest Lady in Pa!
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are they for painting with arcrylic paint? I am thinking hard about getting a case(maybe) at Dollar Tree next week to paint for next years theme. I going for a old fashioned family Halloween theme complete with a 6 1/2 black x-mas tree. I want to paint them either black or white and use skewers in the middle to hold them together so I can stack them 2 or 3 high.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
I figured I'd post in a thread about these dollar store pumpkins that was already here rather than start a new one.

I was googling for something else & found this site:

Dollar Store Pumpkin Folk Art

What a GEEN-I-YSS idea!! The tutorial seems pretty easy & I was also glad to see one of those cut open because I have a few but they're all still intact. I'd suspected they were pretty thick & from the looks of the pics on that site I was correct.

Not too sure about that mache recipe with the sugar in it, I've never seen that ingredient in mache. I'd stick to watered down Elmer's or Stolloween's recipe, whatever works for you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am sure acrylics would work fine. I used spray paint on the white pumpkins I did this year. It took quite a few coats to cover, but they look pretty decent. I did use cheap spray paint though. Maybe with a better brand it would have covered sooner.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I figured I'd post in a thread about these dollar store pumpkins that was already here rather than start a new one.

I was googling for something else & found this site:

Dollar Store Pumpkin Folk Art

What a GEEN-I-YSS idea!! The tutorial seems pretty easy & I was also glad to see one of those cut open because I have a few but they're all still intact. I'd suspected they were pretty thick & from the looks of the pics on that site I was correct.

Not too sure about that mache recipe with the sugar in it, I've never seen that ingredient in mache. I'd stick to watered down Elmer's or Stolloween's recipe, whatever works for you.
Thank you so much for sharing, these are awesome :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts