Halloween Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Got my harvest fairy garden today. Nothing broken (one house is missing a super super small bit that you really have to look for so fine by me!) and the paint is...ok. Nothing horrible but not amazing lol.

I am slightly disappointed in it in real life though. The fairies it comes with look like repeats of their spring/summer versions but slightly different. I'm also eyeing up the size difference of them and the houses and I think they're a bit on the small size.

But the houses are cute and I like the pumpkin patch sign as well as the fence piece and the street light. I'm totally going to get more of those fence pieces and street lights. Now I just need to find miniature pumpkins that would fit the sizing of everything...I want me a pumpkin patch!

Oh and I scanned my Dollar Tree while I was there for any Fall/Halloween stuff and I found not a lot. Took pics though. I totally grabbed that wooden pumpkin...it was the last one! Curious about the pumpkin spice pine cones but didn't buy any or smell...I'm wary of scented pine cones...the cinnamon ones that come out for Christmas make me physically ill.

PXL_20210721_223248961.jpg PXL_20210721_223304841.MP.jpg PXL_20210721_223442432.jpg PXL_20210721_223508165.jpg PXL_20210721_223524402.jpg

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Curious about the pumpkin spice pine cones but didn't buy any or smell...I'm wary of scented pine cones...the cinnamon ones that come out for Christmas make me physically ill.
You & me both. I like cinnamon but when you open the door of a store & you get smacked by the smell those pine cones that are all the way in the back of the store I just can't deal with it.

They've now got up:
Pumpkin Patch which has the carvable pumpkins but in white & black now too.

Halloween Craft Supplies & I NEED THESE!! But I don't need a case of them so store stalking it is!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
They finally canceled the Spooky Fairy Garden but shipped the small pumpkin arrangements I ordered.

·
Registered
454 Posts
They finally canceled the Spooky Fairy Garden but shipped the small pumpkin arrangements I ordered.
Damn! That freaking sucks. I hope you're able to get the full set. Did you opt for ship to your house or send to a store? The send to store option is the one they canceled on me, the ship to house is apparently still active...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I stopped into my DT today to pick up my case of metal corn stakes & metal sunflowers. They had maybe 6 Halloween things right near the register (mostly crafty things from last year), but they've cleared out quite a bit of space so I expect it's coming soon!

I did buy three different sized hula hoops (2 sizes) with the intention of turning them into spiderwebs!

Side note - the packaging of both my boxes was done well - all the tops of the corn & flowers were covered by plastic sleeves so they didn't rub off the finish during shipping. I'll be splitting my cases of 24 of each with my mom, aunt & myself, and I know they'll be happy since they have been admiring my corn stakes since I got them. I'm going to try and put some skull faces on some of the sunflowers to add to my corn stalk/scarecrow zone of our yard display. Not quite sure how it will go just yet, but I have some ideas about making them into a vine...

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,323 Posts
Our Dollar Tree has absolutely nothing out yet. School is starting here in three weeks, so hoping the back to school stuff starts moving out soon. I'm looking forward to the black and white carvable pumpkins and will probably pick up some orange ones too (can never have too many of these) . Will likely get some of the wooden cutouts as well as kiddo likes to paint and is obsessed with pumpkins lately. I'm guessing that on the off chance that my store gets the spooky fairy garden, I'd better pick up an extra set or two.

As for the cinnamon scented pine cones...ugh! Nothing can bring on a case of watery eyes and a runny nose quicker.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I heard that the pumpkin pine cones are NOT pumpkin spice but cinnamon...and strong. So hard pass for me on those.

Yesterday my Halloween fairy garden set came in the mail. Nothing broken, they put the box inside another outer box and padded it even so good job Dollar Tree lol.

I like it a lot more then the harvest version...but the same proportions issue I had with the harvest one apply here. Kind worse actually. One of the bigger items is a tombstone...well you also get a figure set with three tiny tombstones. The sizes are way off! Driving me nuts...

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Well DT finally caught on to the Halloween tree thing & now has 18" Halloween trees.

I still have a case of the green Christmas ones that I was painting black but I kinda like these a little better but I'll still paint the green ones black & give them away. Also have a case of the white ones & I paint some of those like candy corn.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I looked everywhere, at least several stores for the Christmas trees last year and couldn't find them. Really hoping I find one of the Halloween ones this year because I'd rather have one of those.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Started turning the hula hoops I bought at Dollar Tree into spider webs tonight! There's 2 sizes I found at my local store, and I used a 2-pack of black electrical tape to wrap all 3. I'm planning to make something of a "wall" of these because my son loves our various spider props and wants an area of our yard display to feature all the spiders. Three down, lots more to go!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Went to DT today for more hula hoops for my spider project and came across a few fall items! Sorry this pic is sideways, but there was a partial aisle full of items & lots of boxes still waiting to be put up. I may have taken the pumpkin stakes out of boxes that were already open. LOL!

1627342199511.png

The velvet pumpkins are in nice colors - teal, navy, silver, a burnt orange and a dusky pink. They also had a green colored one but I didn't grab it since it won't go with any of my room colors. And then the checked ones are black/white & orange/white.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I picked up my box of small pumpkin arrangements & the manager said that they had changed warehouses (they're now getting stuff outta SC & I'm in MD) which is why the Halloween Fairy Garden had been canceled so maybe it will be back on the site to reorder. He wasn't sure if they're getting it in store & I didn't have time to press him on the issue.

So it's site & store stalking from here on out kids!!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
New email today & it was actually about Halloween & not BTS or fall!

I really do wonder how much more they'd sell if you could buy everything online in smaller quantities. Like those Hamsa hands or the wooden cutouts of Frankenstein & The Bride, I'd like a few of those 4 TOPS, but not a whole case.

They do have some things available in smaller quantities but it's hit or miss. Maybe THAT is a group buy we need, Dollar Tree stuff.

·
Registered
454 Posts
New email today & it was actually about Halloween & not BTS or fall!

I really do wonder how much more they'd sell if you could buy everything online in smaller quantities. Like those Hamsa hands or the wooden cutouts of Frankenstein & The Bride, I'd like a few of those 4 TOPS, but not a whole case.

They do have some things available in smaller quantities but it's hit or miss. Maybe THAT is a group buy we need, Dollar Tree stuff.
Yeah but the shipping...unless you're getting several items at once, the shipping costs wouldn't make sense.

I haven't checked any of my DTs since I picked up my order...wonder if there's more stuff put out or not.

Also am I misremembering or is the motion activated ghost the same as last year? It looks the same but I don't have that ghost on hand to check (also don't know where I put him...).

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I think it's the same one but the witch is new. They both probably have the same soundtrack as last year but since it's not in store yet I really don't know.

The thing about a DT group buy would be does anyone really wanna pay $5+ shipping for a $1 item? Oh wait that's what you meant shipping to anyone that would like whatever item. Gotcha.

It was bad enough I had to buy an entire case of Easter solar bobbleheads & only needed about half of them, I have no clue what I'd do if I bought a case of whatever & ended up with half a case of say Hamsa hands. At least those wooden Frank & Bride heads I'd like are flat & could store easily but some other stuff just can't be hidden...uh...I meant STORED, yeeah STORED!:LOL:

I'm currently in "SERIOUS Purging Mode" in the house right now so I definitely don't need MORE crap! :D Those Easter things are sitting on my attic steps & taunt me each time I go there to get to the birdseed for the feeders which is at least once a week or so.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I visited 3 stores today. One had quite a few items out (not everything yet) but I wasn't expecting anything except fall floral so I was a bit surprised. Another store had an aisle full of halloween and fall craft/decor boxes and empty shelves and the last had nothing but a few fall florals out. So be patient, it's coming!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
We start school here before Labor Day now, August 31, so I'm hoping they'll get stuff out along with BTS stuff.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts