Halloween Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
FTR, the paint jobs on a lot of the fairy garden things are kinda horrible. I bought a bunch of the spring ones & repainted them & my husband did the gnomes.

The pics are great but what you get will NOT look like that. The paint will be slapdash, they might have eyes that are different sizes, the whiskers on that cat will be too wide or not wide enough, the green paint for the grass will be halfway up the pumpkin or house, just don't expect the fairly nicely painted garden stuff from the pic.

I usually buy the & have to repaint most of them, even if I'm just sitting them outside somewhere. I do the same for the shelf sitters they sell for most holidays too.

There's some new stuff:
Halloween Fairy Garden:

Looks like they've add the stacking book boxes (case only right now)

Ceramic light up ghost

Lots of other stuff too in smaller quantities but of course the things I'd want are only available in the cases!
Ugh I need those book boxes, would be perfect for my incense collection. Do they drop the quantity for purchase on the Fall/Halloween stuff at some point?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Sometimes. I like some of those book boxes but I don't need a case either. Plus the pics are all different so I don't wanna end up with a case of just one of them

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've bought the Tombstone Corners stuff before so I know how sloppy the paint can be. I'm assuming at least one item will look like crap if not more. Anything that's super horrible I'll probably try to find in stores and replace it. I just don't want to repaint miniature items lol...shaky hands.

That light up ghost looks kinda cool, might grab one if I see them in the stores.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
My husband used to paint D&D miniatures so he's much better at the small things like the gnomes so I leave those guys to him. I did the larger houses.

What's so crazy is the plastic Christmas houses they've sold in the past are much better on the paint job. They're definitely not hand painted.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Well this is upsetting. I woke up to find an email from DT saying they canceled my order of the Halloween Fairy set. No email about the Harvest one but damn it! It's out of stock on the website and the email says "We were not able to fulfill the entire qty ordered based on the distribution center that services your area. The qty listed above has been cancelled from your order." Like...wut. So apparently NONE of the DTs in my area ordered the Halloween set? Load of garbage.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
OK my order hasn't been canceled yet. I'm in MD.

I'll let ya know what happens. They also might have it back in stock later since they're all about "Back To School" mode in store right now.

·
Registered
454 Posts
OK my order hasn't been canceled yet. I'm in MD.

I'll let ya know what happens. They also might have it back in stock later since they're all about "Back To School" mode in store right now.
I have to hope. I got so mad and frustrated. Thankfully I was able to get the little B&BW hand sanitizer I was after so that cheered me up a bit. But I really wonder why they cancelled on me. My mom's theory is that all the stores in my area ordered theirs so I couldn't get mine? Not enough to go around?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ok so I've been stalking the DT website on and off all day, just being mad at them and I saw the Halloween fairy set is back in stock. However...they won't deliver it to the store. I have to have it shipped...it was $10 to ship damn it.

I bit the bullet and bought it. They better not cancel it again on me.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Thanks for the head's up on the fall stuff! I ended up buying a case each of the metal corn stakes and the sunflower stakes! I'll give some of each to my mom & aunt this fall, and then I'll yuck some up for the Halloween display and keep some nice for when we stick some cornstalks from Halloween into a smaller display for Thanksgiving.
I bought the metal corn stakes last year and absolutely loved them.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I bought the metal corn stakes last year and absolutely loved them.
I got my hands on about 6 last year too, but I used them in fall plant pots - they were very nice for that. I wanted to find more for my Halloween scarecrow display as well as grab a few for my mom & aunt, who also liked them and couldn't find any. So that's why it seemed like a good plan to go ahead & get a case so this year I'm not out of luck!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I got my hands on about 6 last year too, but I used them in fall plant pots - they were very nice for that. I wanted to find more for my Halloween scarecrow display as well as grab a few for my mom & aunt, who also liked them and couldn't find any. So that's why it seemed like a good plan to go ahead & get a case so this year I'm not out of luck!
I shoved mine in accents on our farm corner in the hay bales. And with them being metal they’ll take paint if they need them. You can see them popping out of them in the picture below.

DD366854-E745-4715-A4DC-8221C5DCB1BB.jpeg

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Those hamsa hands are a bit smaller than the ones Big Lots or At Home have but for $1 you can't beat 'em!!

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
699 Posts
Was just at local Dollar tree, NW Indiana, mostly still back to school but had one Halloween endcap.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts