1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's cool. My dollar tree just put out old stuff from last year, and said it would be another week before they get the 2019 merchandise for fall and Halloween!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They've got a few things under "new arrivals", mostly fall themed or Thanksgiving themed stuff. I guess they don't realize that Halloween is before Thanksgiving.:rolleyes: Just scroll around on that link. There's more than these pics.

They're also getting into Back to School too. The kids here haven't been out of school a whole month yet!

·
Registered
156 Posts
No go on Dollar Tree here (southeast tx). Got a chance to run out for a bit today, was thinking July 6 might be post-4th of July enough, but no. A wall of autumn farland and wreaths and such.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MD doesn't go back to school until the day after Labor Day so here they'll probably get a few fall things out, like the flowers, but stay in full-on BTS mode until late August.

Some stores are better than others about that too.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
MD doesn't go back to school until the day after Labor Day so here they'll probably get a few fall things out, like the flowers, but stay in full-on BTS mode until late August.

Some stores are better than others about that too.
Yeah and here we have tons of year round schools and most are back by mid August. I did see some fall floral stuff out when we were there last week but nothing Halloween specific.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just hit 2 DTs & only saw the typical fall flowers along with about half the back to school stuff.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went to DT to get some more wrapping paper & they had these pumpkins out & I bought 2 of almost everything. I have no idea what I'll do with them but I knew I had to have them.

Those flat ones are just LOUSY with super fine glitter. I'm planning on sanding them & repainting them. I also hate the verses on them. That crap is sooo overdone & totally not my thing. They're just a base for some other craft for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Went to my local Dollar Tree and they literally had nothing. Not a single gourd. Guess I’ll need to wait a little longer.

One thing they did have in the toy section, and I should have taken a picture, was a knight tunic. I thought if someone was doing a knight or castle theme those could easily be hung and they were big.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was actually surprised because the one where I got that stuff is usually the LAST DT to get stuff up & out. I went in to buy some wrapping paper & walked out with all that & forgot the wrapping paper!

It's also always trashed too. I'm always envious of those Youtube vids where they're in DT & the stores are always neat, fully stocked, clean, well lit & have all sorts of stuff that mine never seem to have.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I was actually surprised because the one where I got that stuff is usually the LAST DT to get stuff up & out. I went in to buy some wrapping paper & walked out with all that & forgot the wrapping paper!

It's also always trashed too. I'm always envious of those Youtube vids where they're in DT & the stores are always neat, fully stocked, clean, well lit & have all sorts of stuff that mine never seem to have.
We have four DT’s in the area I live in. So we do have the luxury of shopping all four and consistently they all have different items. We just try to hit them as soon as merchandise is put out. Ours vary but the ones like you see on YouTube we don’t really have either.

·
Registered
156 Posts
DT let me down again today...no Halloween stuff but I did pick up two Halloween craft books, retail about 20 bucks each. Mostly recipes which are no use as I can't cook but worth a buck to look at pictures of Halloween themed food.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,006 Posts
I was on the Dollar Tree website last night. There's Halloween on it! I saw some new spooky book boxes and signs. Can't wait until it shows up in stores. My local store only has some fall picks. None of the pumpkins yet. I want some of those. I want to find the Halloween books.
aww man i could not find any halloween mine says come back in August dang it

1 - 20 of 172 Posts