Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
likes candy & razorblades
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually dont do much around my own house because i go away every halloween to work at a haunted house. but this year you guys have inspired me to just go fo rit.

SO while this is nowhere near what you guys are capable of, i had fun doing these cemetery pots.

I had these old plant pots. and started with some dollar store foam

Then i added some dollar store moss, and a dollar store ivy that i cut into bits.

Once that was in there i added the dollar store magnolias.

I picked up a really decrepit dried flower arrangement for a buck.

I picked that part and added some things to my planters

Then i took my dollar store skeleton garland and accented with the skeletons

Once the first was done, i did a second one. Ive put them in my little garden cemetery.

What do you think??

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,856 Posts
I think those arrangements are just beautiful! The little graveyard looks very nice and not at all like stuff from the dollar store! You're very creative!!

:cool:

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
What a great job and all with dollar store finds. Now thats what Im talking about. Your cemetery is just perfect:)

·
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thanks guys! I was nervous putting them up here. SOme of the stuff ive seen on here is so fantastic. But seeing the things here, i just had to do something outside this year.

THe skull thing was a pretty tacky door hanger with plastic strips hanging down. i cut those off straight away and added the creepy cloth, dollar store, and the vines..dollar store. lol i love that place.

they also had some door knob covers. i got a skull and a pumpkin one but they are designed for giant doorknobs i think. lol

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
I love Dollar Store for Halloween! Very creative. The fabric across the signage looks great too. Adds a nice touch. Where did you get that little devil guy near the tombstones? he's cute!

·
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh i picked up that devil guy at a yard sale a few years ago. He is cut out of steel or iron or something. he stays out all year long.

I also have a great idea on making a column for it. You guys really inspire me :)

I have a wooden garbage container, about three feet tall with a cover. its already shaped like a column. im going to try that stone spray paint on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts