Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to always do that "Right Thing"... here is what it was: October, busy, a line of people waiting to get in here (Ravens Grin Haunted house).
A stretched Limo pulls up next to the line waiting to get in here. Six to eight people disembark from the huge Limo.
They are 50 plus years old (So was I ) there were 6 t0 8 people. One woman was wearing a bright solid RED dress,and gold jewellery much like Ronald Reagan's Wife?
They all walked passed the back end of the line waiting to arrive here.
"Hello."
"Hello."
"We want to see your house."
"Well, good, please get in line."
He looks around, over his shoulder then says"We want to see your house NOW!"
"Well, go get in line then."
"Do YOU Know who I am?"
"No, just go get in the back of the line."
"I am Mr. xxxxxx (and his Father once played for "Dah, Bears! )
"Well, just go and get in the back of the line."
He and they huffed and puffed (u mite need to think about losing a little wait) looked around themselves for a bit, then walked all the way back to their Limo and got driven away!
I thought I was doing the "Right thing", i mean i must have?
At least the 80 or so people who were standing in line sure did!
"Apple-sauce! Apple-sauce!" clapping their naked palms together said... something?

We do reservations,we do special house tours.
We are OPEN almost Every night of the Year!
Also Open almost every Saturday and Sunday afternoons......I have always thought preferential treatment should be given to every customer, not just the ones who might have extra money . That is why I think "Speed Passes" are wrong. they might make someone who doesn't have the extra money feel bad when really we are all so much more alike than we are different. Treat everyone the same-treat them very nicely.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Perfect way of dealing with the entitled buffoons. When I worked at an outdoor entertainment venue, one of the worst groups were around that age and basically of the same mentality, which almost always makes me want to take a bat to the possessors' knees:rolleyes:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Great Job Jim!
I bet if his dad was there (former NFL Player), he would have happily waited in line and even signed a few autographs..
Unfortunately junior grew up in a world where he probably was entitled his whole life and never had to work a day.
If you let them skip the line, they probably would have tried to get in for free or a discounted price because of a last name...
Shame , you would think that at 50+ they would have learned some humility..

·
Registered
237 Posts
The moment someone says 'don't you know who I am?', I get a terrible case of amnesia. :)
Good job Gym!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then the other side of that same "Coin".
Busy, busy October night the line is long and willing to pay my ticket price, no-problem, then next up is the Father, bushy big beard, old farmer type of wardrobe (like mine!) and when he hears the ticket price his eyes water , (I can't see his mouth through his beard so I have no idea what expression might be hiding there?)
He shuffles back and forth looking down at the ground and quietly says"I promised the kids they could come here and go through the house, but... all I have is...............this $20.oo."..
The kids are dressed shabby (like me) they look kind of.. "dirty" (like me) and then one of them starts to.. "Whine...
Jim says," OK, give me what you have there."
He perks up, comes alive and says:"Can you break a hundred?"

Guess what thing in the parking lot that I felt like "BREAKING!?"

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Spiney99" When someone expressed the "Need" for a discount I would sometimes ask them to step aside because I am too busy right now, then i ignore them, sometimes this works quickly and they cough-up the $ If it doesn't "work", who cares".Look at the people lined up behind you buddy".. they are all willing to pay the price what makes so so different and "Special?" (Do they do this at a sporting event or a movie? Or a Play? Rock concert? Doubtful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts