Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in north central Texas, we have been blessed with a glorious, cool, clear fall morning! :D Thus far, it has been spent sipping coffee from my favorite Halloween mug, while sitting on the patio, but I am about to jump right into some serious prop repair. Got everything down from the attic yesterday (yay!) and discovered that my idea of careful prop storage and mine are two very different things. ugh. Oh well, might as well get started. I plan to spend the evening relaxing by the firepit, so it's all good.

So what are your Halloween projects for the weekend?

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
Got all 10 tubs and 4 additional boxes worth of Halloween decorations down from the attic last night and am working all day on setting up the house!! Been working on it since 7:00 am and finally finished going through all of the stuff to determine what is being used this year, what is going back upstairs, and what items I am simply purging thanks to more recent purchases. This may take more than a weekend :eek:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hi! It's a beautiful day here in PA too, and I'm taking my two-year old out to a couple of thrift stores later to look for a few items I can use for Halloween. I really want to find a candy jar with a lid that's tall enough to hold some black licorice sticks in my dining room - my current glass jars are either too short or they have too much of a rounded shape and the licorice has to bend to fit in there. I guess my perfectionism is coming out on this quest! LOL!

Happy Saturday, everyone!

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
We're heading out to Halloweenmania. It's our areas largest Halloween store. Bigger than Spirit.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sort of. Since my husband and I moved into our own house, my mom has been bringing over boxes and boxes of crap from my childhood. Right now it's all sitting in the living room. I need to go through it all, throw away most of it, and give it a new storage home before I can decorate for Halloween. Do your children a favor and don't hoard for them.

Later tonight I'm going to my friend's annual Pirate Party. Always great way to kick off the Halloween season!

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
Hi! It's a beautiful day here in PA too, and I'm taking my two-year old out to a couple of thrift stores later to look for a few items I can use for Halloween. I really want to find a candy jar with a lid that's tall enough to hold some black licorice sticks in my dining room - my current glass jars are either too short or they have too much of a rounded shape and the licorice has to bend to fit in there. I guess my perfectionism is coming out on this quest! LOL!

Good luck thriftin, Jenn. I know what you mean about the jars - and if you don't find any during your thrift adventures, don't forget to look at Michaels as they had some really neat tall pedestal lidded jars when I was there last - and you can use your 40% off coupon on them. Not as cheap as thrifting, but when you know what you need.......lol

·
Halloween Nut
2,942 Posts
My homegoods has a ton of those type jars with lids in all sizes. Might be worth a stop.

I must finish my cards for the card exchange. Run by Home Depot for insulation boards for tombstones, and hit the local Goodwills. Today is 50% off day. Never know what one might find.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
We stayed up late last night so kind of trying to stay buried (under the covers) this morning for as long as we can. Hubby is still trying to sleep while I lay here with my iPad getting caught up on here. Then it will be coffee along with Mimi's Cafe Pumpkin Spice muffins.

Wish I could say I would be working on a project today but with fall coming we have stuff to get ready for the rainy weather. The rain will probably miss us today but some areas along the coast are already getting some. Mornings have been foggy the last few days and cold so fall and halloween are definitely in the air. That and the increased presence of crows. I do have halloween items I need to start pulling out and getting organized though even if I don't set up til halloween day.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yes, Madame, it is a beautiful day here in north Texas!! I had plan on laying low today (went to see Depeche Mode last night and kinda wore out!) but...this nice weather is too good to waste! So, i'm gonna head out and check out the 99 cent stores for some party décor, maybe Party City too.

Have a great day everyone!! :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
A little. I have taken to setting out my fall scented candles and placing my ceramic candy dishes on the tables. I put my big glass pumpkin filled with mini pumpkins on my bookshelf. If I get time later, I might get to work on making a few things or maybe finish my pumpkin field painting. :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Good luck thriftin, Jenn. I know what you mean about the jars - and if you don't find any during your thrift adventures, don't forget to look at Michaels as they had some really neat tall pedestal lidded jars when I was there last - and you can use your 40% off coupon on them. Not as cheap as thrifting, but when you know what you need.......lol
This is my first attempt at quoting someone! Looks like it'll work! Thanks, Frogkid11, for the suggestion! I didn't find the licorice jar I was looking for, so I may need to buy something new instead, and Micheal's is a good source for that kind of thing. My daughter kept saying "Find twizz-er jar, Mommy! Find twizz-er jar!" (She meant Twizzler's). Ha ha! She was on the hunt too!

I did find a very neat mirror in a beat-up frame that'll be perfect for a yard sign, so my trip out did pay off. And I also bought a couple of long, black graduation gowns for $2.00 each in the costume section of our thrift store. That kind of thing always comes in handy when it comes to dressing ghouls & dummies!

Hope everyone else had a productive afternoon!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Putting together a few new props (and contacting Spirit, again, about a missing adapter...). Going to clean up the table some, clear out some of the junk so I can have a bit more work space there. Maybe work on laying out some walls later.

Probably going shopping tomorrow, part of which will include checking out Halloween offerings.

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:)A bit rainy here so I am working on things for Secret Reaper 2.....and can I just say, it is turning out fantastic!!! Woohoo!:D Some victim is going to be really lucky.....:D

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
:)A bit rainy here so I am working on things for Secret Reaper 2.....and can I just say, it is turning out fantastic!!! Woohoo!:D Some victim is going to be really lucky.....:D
i never start on my victims gifts till i get assigned one because im always paranoid that i'll make something and then it will end up on their dislikes lol.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts