Halloween Forum banner

D'oh! I guess these decorations are a little too real! Police and Fire respond.....

Other: 
6K views 22 replies 22 participants last post by  TheYoungHaunter 
#1 ·
MORNING TALKER: A Halloween prank in Oklahoma put neighbors in a panic. A man decided to get “gruesome” this Halloween with his decorations. They feature gravesites and ghosts up in a tree in his yard, but the real shocker is the fake dead body in the driveway. The dead body is placed in such a way that it looks like the garage door crushed its head. The fake body even prompted a 911 call in which police and firefighters responded. The man was told he wasn’t breaking any laws and will continue to keep the phony body in place. In fact, he added another body that appears to have been run over by a truck. Tell us your thoughts on this. Do you think he went too far with his decorations? Let us know.

Car Vehicle Luxury vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

See less See more
#2 ·
yeah, the neighbors were so concerned that they didn't go 2 c if they could lend some assistance to the victim(s) of this tragic accident(s) ...

idiots ...

hopefully the 911 callers will win some of their very own darwin awards in the very near future ... i got my cell phone at the ready and have already dialed 91 to lend assistance to them ... oh no looks like my battery died ....

/sarcasm

amk

#3 ·
yeah, the neighbors were so concerned that they didn't go 2 c if they could lend some assistance to the victim(s) of this tragic accident(s) ...

idiots ...

hopefully the 911 callers will win some of their very own darwin awards in the very near future ... i got my cell phone at the ready and have already dialed 91 to lend assistance to them ...

/sarcasm

amk
hahahahahahahahahahachucklechucklechuckle!
GOTCHA!
Too far? Not even close!
HM

#8 ·
Yup big news here in Oklahoma. And get this...... a lot of people I know thought it was me when they were watching the news and saw a preview of the story! LOL!!!! Obviously after they saw the guy they knew it wasn't but later on they said that when they first heard about it they thought "oh he's finally gone too far".

#11 ·
Neighbours aren't always the brightest. When I was trying my 4 foot fake flame for the first time, my neigbours sent there 9, 7 and 6 year old to our house to see of our living room was on fire. Who sends their kids into a potentially burning building?

#15 ·
'Uh oh, a guy over there is getting crushed by his garage door. I better call someone who is miles away to see if they can drive over and help him.'

I was watching some of the atmosfear fx the other day and I think some of those could get the cops called for sure. They have some silhouettes of a husband being murdered by his wife that are meant to be projected on a window. That could definitely prompt a police call.

#16 ·
I don't think he went too far - it's Halloween! Aren't people thinking about that when they see something that bizarre?

People drive around with those legs and arms hanging out of their trunks at Halloween all the time. Nobody calls the cops.

#17 ·
I am an EMT and this has happened to us a few times over the years. The first time there was a dummy hanging from a tree. We new right away when we pulled up because of all the decor in the yard but got out and made sure. The guy came out of the house and could not believe someone called 911. We laughed and checked out his haunt. Another time a home owner got punched in the face and got his nose broken because on Halloween he replaced the dummy on his porch with himself and lunged at a 14 year old boy. The boy was a brown belt in karate and was just a reaction when startled. We get there and the guys nose was bleeding and displaced but he was actually laughing.

#18 ·
Saw this on the news yesterday and it reminded me of about 15 years ago, we were on our way back home from trick or treating up in town and someone had placed 2 (dummy) kids bodies next to the road in which it had appeared that they had been hit by a car. When we drove by, their was police pulling up and ambulances and bystanders. It appeared to be so real and was pretty scary. Luckily it was just a prank.....

#19 ·
I may be the dissenting opinion here, but I do think he did go too far. ...or actually lacks imagination in a way. The somewhat current trend in Halloween and horror films depicting the wholesale slaughter of people is disturbing to me. It's a freeking gore-fest, and frankly kind of boring. Halloween is supposed to be mysterious, fantastical, dark, and above all scary. How is what he did scary? It's certainly shocking and disturbing, but not really scary. I guess I'm more of a 'classic' Halloween'er, trying to create the mystical, mysterious, and scares for my ToTs. This broad daylight stuff leaves me cold. :)

#20 ·
My opinion...from a police officer...It's gone to far. I agree with Vonroll. And from my point of view, if i have to respond to a possible injury/homicide/suicide I might be responding quickly and that puts my life and even yours in danger because it's to realistic. The photograph doesn't show any other halloween props or displays but if that's the only prop it crosses the line. I really don't want little children seeing that while walking to school.

#21 ·
I am in the middle here. I don't think he went to far. I wonder if reporting his intent to the authorities would of made the outcome any different or if it would of just been lost in the bureaucracy.

That being said..... I think his neighbors did the right thing. Eveyone is talking about how " no one checked or rendered aid". I see that picture and with the blood splatters on the door.. It could of easily been a violent assault. Why walk over to a home, likely owned by someone you barely know. Calling 911 assured it was handled by competent people. I was an Corpseman in Iraq and dropped out of nursing school for somthing else. I might of been able to render aid. How many of your neighbors would be able to do anything if they found you with a major trauma?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.