Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys feel about them? I personally think if the dog isn't trying what so ever to get it off them sure, but I've seen people force their pets to wear them even though the poor baby is trying everything to escape it. My min-pin Rosie loves sweaters and costumes! But my other two little guys HATE them. So Rosie will have a costume this year the other two will have halloween collars lol

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
my dogs dont like wearing clothes so i dont put them on them very often, but they arent trying to get out either. they just get what we call "sad ears" and sit there moping lol. but i do buy them costumes and cute halloween shirts. my girl dog holly handles outfits better than remus does but neither one fights it... he hides under someone when i pick up one of his shirts but they also hide when i get out their harnesses for walking them.... so i dont put much stock into their behavior. i just dont think they like stuff over their shoulders, but they probably would like being choked by their collars even less lol

·
Registered
247 Posts
I can get mine to wear a costume for about as long as it takes me to take a few blurry pictures of their squirming butts.

·
Seer of All
2,936 Posts
I have three and all have very different views on costumes. One is fine as long as you make a fuss and tell her she's pretty. One throws a fit and barks her head off when you put clothes of any kind on her or the other dogs. According to her, dogs do not wear clothes, period. The other, a beagle, is about as laid back as can be and you're welcome to do whatever you like to him, as long as you don't get him wet.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my dogs dont like wearing clothes so i dont put them on them very often, but they arent trying to get out either. they just get what we call "sad ears" and sit there moping lol. but i do buy them costumes and cute halloween shirts. my girl dog holly handles outfits better than remus does but neither one fights it... he hides under someone when i pick up one of his shirts but they also hide when i get out their harnesses for walking them.... so i dont put much stock into their behavior. i just dont think they like stuff over their shoulders, but they probably would like being choked by their collars even less lol
sad ears, that's so cute :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have three and all have very different views on costumes. One is fine as long as you make a fuss and tell her she's pretty. One throws a fit and barks her head off when you put clothes of any kind on her or the other dogs. According to her, dogs do not wear clothes, period. The other, a beagle, is about as laid back as can be and you're welcome to do whatever you like to him, as long as you don't get him wet.
I love dog personalities! My three are nuts! And also have three different opinions of clothes. Rosie also likes to be told she's pretty, especially after a bath!! Lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
We dress up our dog every year...she loves wearing shirts or anything around her middle. She doesn't like anything on her head so we don't do full out costumes, though. Just got one from Target that looks like a football jersey and says "Wide Retriever" (she's a lab). It glows in the dark, too.

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
Cats don't like costumes. If you don't believe me, Augie says "um...no."

my cat actually puts up with the clothes remus rejects better than i expected he would. i put a sweater on remus last year on christmas eve for pictures and he just sits there being all sad.. so we took it off and put it on the cat and he just went to sleep in front of the fire. totally didnt care lol.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
I say NO.

I can't be any more emphatic than that because the board software won't let me.

Dogs need to stay home on Halloween. People are irresponsible, don't keep them leashed, and I'm tired of the front lawn full of dog waste I have to clean up the next day.

·
I am the one who knocks
1,939 Posts
It depends on the pet's comfort. Wearing a costume wasn't fun for my dog, so dressing him in Batman's cape and cowl wasn't okay with me. He already has a mask and pointy ears anyway (he's an Alaskan Klee Kai), and I've worn plenty of costumes from the Batman universe, so we're both fine with his no-costume preference.

·
Registered
823 Posts
two of my guys does not mind wearing it but my big girl i have a hard time to find something to wear g=for her as long as it does not have a hat she is ok but they don't stay long with us they get too exited . IMG_0423.jpg
P1010223.jpg

·
The Sea Witch
2,447 Posts
Yoda says 'May Halloween be with you....' yup, he goes ToT with us and to grumpy mcgrumpster, at least around HERE, people who bother with the hassle and expense of dressing up their dogs are pretty responsible and keep them leased and pick up after them. my lease also contains dog poo bags within it for easy access. sorry you live around douchebags, but dont toss all pet owners out with the dog poo you have to pick up.....

IMG_4820.jpg

·
The Sea Witch
2,447 Posts
Yoda says 'May Halloween be with you....' yup, he goes ToT with us and to grumpy mcgrumpster, at least around HERE, people who bother with the hassle and expense of dressing up their dogs are pretty responsible and keep them leashed and pick up after them. my leash also contains dog poo bags within it for easy access. sorry you live around douchebags, but dont toss all pet owners out with the dog poo you have to pick up.....

1240323_10202105644384875_1637350149_n.jpg

·
Registered
330 Posts
If the dog doesn't mind it, although many I see look miserable. They don't make costumes that fit my dog so I have not given it much thought, we have tried a couple of sweaters over the years for winter but the largest sizes we have found still don't fit.

·
Super Moderator
5,579 Posts
my cat actually puts up with the clothes remus rejects better than i expected he would. i put a sweater on remus last year on christmas eve for pictures and he just sits there being all sad.. so we took it off and put it on the cat and he just went to sleep in front of the fire. totally didnt care lol.

"totally didn't care"? Look at those shifty eyes, he's plotting what he's going to do to you when you least expect it!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I love dogs in costume! Lol My 4 have an entire wardrobe of costumes. The pit bulls have a sock monkey, penguin, hulk, basketball player, and superman costumes to share. The mastiff has a gnome costume (she's huge, so not much fits her), and the ankle biter has a lion, spiderman, and caterpillar costumes...I'm sure I'll find plenty more this year to torture them all with! Lol They're actually all pretty good sports about it, the pit bulls couldn't care less, they get their costumes on and zoom around the house like nothing is out of the ordinary. The mastiff just stares at me like "Oh come on, really?". And the little one really doesn't care either, although he doesn't like head coverings and he definitely prefers the t-shirt costumes to the stuffed/padded get ups!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
31 Participants
CrystalRose
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing