Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given that the motor below has five terminals, is it possible that it has the same low speed and high speed connectors as a Monster Guts motor? Is there any easy and safe way to determine which wires would lead to the low speed or high speed terminal?

To which terminals would you connect the 12V power supply wires?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Yes, it would be something like this. Some things may be different but red and black will get the motor running. In this situation. Yellow and black would run the low speed option. Green resets the motor to starting or parking postion. You would need a relay switch on the yellow and blue if you wanted to change the speed.

Green Parking wire
Black Common
Red Positive
Yellow Negative low speed
Blue High speed

You can use a multimeter to figure out the wires once you get it moving. If you are not sure about the spade contacts, use a multimeter on continuity to find which wire goes where.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Without a wiring diagram these are always a crap shoot. With 5 wires I would say it is two speeds with parking. Looks like black is grounded to the case so start with red as positive and go from there.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,458 Posts
You should be able to get the schematic by going online and entering the specific model number of the motor. This is what I've done in the past . It eliminates all of the guess work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes just use the three wires coming straight out of the motor. Red is the common and Yellow and Green are the speeds.

·
Registered
39 Posts
from the way i read your post i assume you want to run the motor at the slower speed? instead of the more common faster speed. i would advise against that and keep it at the higher speed. the reason being is at the lower speed the motor will loose almost half its torque. in Other words it will move a heck of alot less weight,, your best bet is to just add a PWM (6A AMP 12-24V VOLT 13KHZ Controller Switch PWM DC Motor Speed Control M20 | eBay) to the motor which will allow you to slow the speed of the motor while keeping the torque

1 - 6 of 6 Posts