Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ole Carl looks real enough to me.

Would he scare me is another question. Depends on the overall effect.
But he would get my attention.

Good job.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I would only recommend his boots be cruddied-up, stained maybe from walking through wet leaves as he was window peaking or burying a body in the ancient woods.
His "wardrobe" looks perfect... it looks like what I wear everyday when working on my haunted house. I have been a member in long-standing of the cereal-killer's Club ever since my mother sat that first bowl of Cheerios down in
front of me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, thanks! The room will be slightly cast in red, there will be plenty of blood in the room and on Carl, a caged woman banging around in a big box in the tub pleading to be let out (sound clip with one of those weasel cat toy balls moving in the box...great effect!), chain saw in his hand that "starts" (sound clip) when someone nears the sink by way of a motion detector, a dead body bound in a black trash bag on the floor, photos of his crimes and weird collections of his demented state posted on the wall...things like strange poetry, a picture of his mother, another of his mother with her face scratched out, photos of his victims to pursue...

·
black light queen
2,506 Posts
Great, thanks! The room will be slightly cast in red, there will be plenty of blood in the room and on Carl, a caged woman banging around in a big box in the tub pleading to be let out (sound clip with one of those weasel cat toy balls moving in the box...great effect!), chain saw in his hand that "starts" (sound clip) when someone nears the sink by way of a motion detector, a dead body bound in a black trash bag on the floor, photos of his crimes and weird collections of his demented state posted on the wall...things like strange poetry, a picture of his mother, another of his mother with her face scratched out, photos of his victims to pursue...
pics and video! this is an amazing storyline!

amk

·
Registered
854 Posts
Well after watching all the years of Criminal Minds, according to them, it's the normal looking ones that are the worst. Carl looks pretty normal to me.
HM

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Looks real enough to me.. If I saw him in a gloomy half light in the haunt, and me specs were a bit misty, I'd probably ask him which was the way out. :D

I like the idea of putting him in the kind of setting you described, and can't wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Breadth of the chest and stance look realistic. To be nit-picky, stuff and bend hands and fingers to give them tension and volume.
This guy would send my wife screaming into the night.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,492 Posts
At first glance, it looks like a live guy. At second glance it looks like a live guy. If walked into my bathroom and saw this I'd likely crap myself. Very realisitic. I agree with maybe grunging up his clothes a bit and filling out the hands/fingers. That prop head is really sweet!

·
Registered
438 Posts
He looks real. I thought that maybe this was you or a friend of yours and you were just testing us. :) To nitpick, I would have him lean towards the people to be menacing. With him leaning away, he looks a little surprised. Great job on the everything! He will seriously creep out some folks.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Trophy's! You can use old jewelry, pieces of clothing, strands of hair, purses. Anything that you want him to 'collect' from his victims. Jewlery would be perfect to tack up next to each of his victims/crime scene pics. (ETA - If hair strands they should be the same color as the Mom. Serial killers who are mad at momma generally pick victims who look similar)

Does your area have an infamous serial killer that your wanting to replicate?

I think anything can be spooky when your not expecting it. And nobody thinks of walking into a bathroom and that a 'man' is going to be in there. So, ya, he's spooky enough.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think he can pass for Henry Lee Lucas. He killed his Mother and other women.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
At first glance, it looks like a live guy. At second glance it looks like a live guy. If walked into my bathroom and saw this I'd likely crap myself. Very realisitic. I agree with maybe grunging up his clothes a bit and filling out the hands/fingers. That prop head is really sweet!
To be nit-picky, stuff and bend hands and fingers to give them tension and volume.
Agree with both of these - when I saw the pics, I thought it was a live person, until I saw the flat gloves.
Really like this guy! He's certainly going to freak people out.

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
I think he looks good! He'll look even better in dim light. Great job on this one. :eek:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts