Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when they come on the forum and see how many days are left til Halloween? I admit I nearly have a panic attack wondering how I'm gonna get all this stuff done!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Here here! My stomach turns when I make sales. I know I need to replace that product and mask making isn't fast. My photo booth and mask stand are complete so I'm good there.
The haunts open even sooner so I am going into panic 2 times faster

·
Registered
57 Posts
I always have a dream the week before Halloween. It sucks. Its me waking up on Halloween Morning, and forgetting that it was Halloween. It always ends up with me running around panicking trying to get some props up and a costume put together last minute.

So yes, I supposed I get a little panicked when the clock is ticking down.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
OMG! YES!!

I'm just trying to finish the five different projects I have right now before starting the four or five other projects I really hope to complete before Halloween.

I've said it before, but since Halloween is on a Saturday, I'm really making a big push this year for bigger and better.

It would be fine -- if this was my job! But trying to balance work and family doesn't leave a ton of time for prop building. Thank goodness for the weekends!!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Nah - I used to though. Now I just keep the attitude of what gets done, gets done - what doesn't get done will still be a great idea next year!

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
Anyone else listen to Revenant's Theatre of the Mind in Hauntcast 10? He hit the nail on the head when he talked about "the dream" (more like a nightmare, really) -- you realize it's October 31st and you haven't finished building or setting up your props and TOTs are on the way down the street toward your house! I immediately stopped in my tracks. I can't remember how many times I've had this nightmare! Revenant goes on to talk about creating a 3-stage plan for your haunt. Another excellent episode of TOTM and Hauntcast.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yes...... but this year, instead of going away on vacation, we're spending them at home building stuff for Halloween.... so I'm a little less nervous than the previous years.... :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm obsessively making lists and re-making litsts, reviewing workplans and reducing the scope of my projects. Almost regretting that I agreed to take a vacation in September, but I haven't seen my mom and sisters in years and I'm looking forward to that. But a whole week! OMG!
To top it off, when I mentioned last night that I was thinking of taking a dozen dollar store skeletons with us for a little family craft project, my sweetie put her foot down. No skeletons on vacation, a vacation means we're getting away from everything and that includes my Halloween obsession. So I'm back to my original plan - taking the laptop and working on music files and webpages. Sigh.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Definitely, especially this year because I planned to get started weeks ago yet things keep getting in the way, so I've barely gotten anything done and it's getting closer and closer to Halloween. I hope I'll be able to finish what I'd like to do in time, but I have a feeling some things might have to just wait until next year.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I am pushing props out at warp speed in my garage. But I still have no sure feel on how everything is going to be laid out. So that is a bit stressfull. On top of that my work decided to set the launch date of my latest 500 hour site to november 2nd. I cringed a little when I heard that one. Can't complain as it pays the bills!

·
Presidential Canidate
7,274 Posts
I never panic anymore....last year was a real warm, beautiful day on Halloween but I only had two TOTer's show up.....it could be that I am on top of a hill with not much beyond me is open space....so this year...I am stayin' simple!

·
Technological Terror
724 Posts
I think we all get a little turn of the stomach when we realize that we are getting closer and closer to the big day. I just take it one day at a time, and try to focus on the end product, having a good time! :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
I will do what I can and not mind what doesn't get done. I'm going really simple this year too. I tend to futz over having everything "just right" but not this year. There is always next year!

·
Registered
260 Posts
when they come on the forum and see how many days are left til Halloween? I admit I nearly have a panic attack wondering how I'm gonna get all this stuff done!
hell ya lol keeps making me think i will not have the stuff done on time

·
Registered
920 Posts
I have had the same feelings the last few years getting prepared for my yard haunt for the nieghborhood kids. Try to enjoy the whole process, don't worry----relax! It needs to be fun for you! I have had to learn that for myself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts