Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have done so much searching for these and could never find them. They have such positive associations for me, I wish I could find replicas.

Around 1975 or so, I think (so hard to remember now), my mother put up these cute cardboard cutouts (no, not thinking of the trad Biestles...I have found those all over the place) of cats surrounding pumpkins, being scared of ghosts & the like. The cardboard-only parts of the cutouts glowed in the dark, or parts of them did...I think...this was so long ago. But the kitty parts had fake fur on them...rougher than fur but you get the idea. I LOVED these things and would stroke and stroke them on the wall. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? One of the cats might have been wearing a witch's hat...? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
I think I may have had some of these and given them away recently. The kitties had flocking on them to simulate fur, right? I don't recall any mfr marks.

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
Try searching eBay for terms like "Flocked Halloween cardboard" and "flocked Halloween paper." I found some listings that sound like what you're looking for, in both active and completed listings.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try searching eBay for terms like "Flocked Halloween cardboard" and "flocked Halloween paper." I found some listings that sound like what you're looking for, in both active and completed listings.
Thanks. Going to do a search right now, will let you know if I find this. I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
This may be what you are looking for but I don't think they glow. They are part of my collection .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts