Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this aluminum mold at a local thrift store the other day. There actually were 2 but I cannot find any masks like this after hours of searching online. It is marked USA and it was accompanied by a Ben Cooper Tinkerbell mold.

I am inclined to believe it may also be a Ben Cooper mask mold but I have not found any other mask like it anywhere. Maybe it never made it to production. Maybe it is an obscure TV character. Maybe it was used for advertising or maybe it was just a generic princess.

They both have all the holes for use with a vacuum forming machine so it appears to be very legit. Ben Cooper ceased operations after moving to North Carolina, not far from where I am located.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Here she is:
Head Eye Jaw Sculpture Art

Here is a picture of the Ben Cooper Tinkerbell mask mold and a picture of what it looked like:
Sculpture Art Artifact Natural material Wood

Eye Toy Eyelash Doll Wig

The Tinkerbell mold also had USA embossed on the top.

I bought some thermoform plastic and I am going to attempt to take an impression from it. I think it might be fun to paint one up!

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
631 Posts
I don't remember the Peter Pan story all that well. Does Wendy Darling ever become a princess or queen in Neverland? Maybe the mask is supposed to represent her as royalty? Totally pissing in the wind here. I have no idea if any of this will hold up.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,836 Posts
I really think it's a Collegeville of some type. They added large eyeholes around the late 1970s/1980s and made a point of mentioning that the costumes were made in the USA, and that princess definitely has those types of features.

It could be one of the beauty queen/fairy/liberty belle/princess masks. But I just spent a good hour combing through some of the better known sites and didn't see any that matched so it looks like it's not a super common one as far as I can tell.

Really nice find tho!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,664 Posts
It could be one of the beauty queen/fairy/liberty belle/princess masks. But I just spent a good hour combing through some of the better known sites and didn't see any that matched so it looks like it's not a super common one as far as I can tell.
Too funny!! I did the same thing!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We made a Worbla impression and gussied her up for test run. We wanted to learn how to work with Worbla and found out some areas where we need to research further (cutting out eyes for one thing!) and educate ourselves.

This is her, the Unknown Princess, almost finished.

Eyebrow Eyelash Lipstick Art Event

1 - 9 of 9 Posts